P700 Cold weather operation

Armadilo

Armadilo

Jul 4, 2021
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-4
2021 700-4 I’ve had six months, has 300m/75hrs. Problem in cold weather (teens and 20’s) does not want to engage transmission. Letting idle until oil warms has improved operation. Has anyone experienced this? Also, what about adding a manual choke?

Reactions: Backwoods
Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
I've never had an issue but I'm parked in a fully insulated garage. I always let it warm to 1 bar before I drive it. Transmission doesn't like cold oil. Also make sure your just slightly above full mark on dipstick without screwing it in.

Reactions: Glock21user
Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
2021 700-4 I’ve had six months, has 300m/75hrs. Problem in cold weather (teens and 20’s) does not want to engage transmission. Letting idle until oil warms has improved operation. Has anyone experienced this? Also, what about adding a manual choke?
all 700s needs the "lo" off the coolant screen. for the trans to operate correctly. take 5-10 mins at low temps . up to 5 mins at higher temps.
as far as the choke that wont work. its an efi macine so most youd do is choke it out and it die.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Glock21user

Glock21user

" Nothing succeeds like excess "
Lifetime Member
Dec 16, 2018
Livingston county, Mi.
Ownership

1. 700-4
Having run my P700-4 in cold weather as low as 20 below I can emphatically say that it wants to warm up a couple minutes before it moves.
The engine oil/trans oil is the same source and it will need to warm up before the oil thins enough to run through the necessary valves and orfices to make the trans happy.
The choke idea is useless as has already been said due to our machines being fuel injected.
Let it idle till it warms a bit.

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!