CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
I’d be curious to know if the overall width (link mount to link mount) is wider than the stock one. We have bent the 4th link on 2 different R’s of ours and installed the SATV 4th link and it is not engineered right. The sway bar hits the 4th link while flexing and it has already broke our sway bar mount on one of them due to it flexing the sway bar when it hits it.

View attachment 425986
View attachment 425987
@SuperATV Just in case you haven't heard about this. Git onnit, Dude. :cool:

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
IMG 1548
IMG 1549
IMG 1550
IMG 1551
Have a good weekend and don't tear it up too bad 🤣
Ain’t bad I think. Didn’t rip anything off. Awesome night ride. I rode shotgun with the wife and my daughter drove with her friend. We swapped Talons several times and just got lost. Really love the Hondas. Sammy likes the 4-door more but mainly because of the power, she can be hard to stay up with in the open. Lots of fun last night

Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
On it! I'll get it into the test bay.

@Hometeam have you already called in with pics? If not, PM me some pics and which part it was. Upper arms I'm assuming?
I will send the pics asap. I had been to busy to contact you about at this. I actually have 2 sets installed on our 2 of our Talon Rs that both rub. One has split the brace and one has not yet. I have adjusted them every way possible with nothing stopping it from rubbing. I have a 3rd set sitting in the box to install on our 3rd R. I did not install the 3rd set yet due to this issue. Thanks

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
IMG 1599
IMG 1600
I’d be curious to know if the overall width (link mount to link mount) is wider than the stock one. We have bent the 4th link on 2 different R’s of ours and installed the SATV 4th link and it is not engineered right. The sway bar hits the 4th link while flexing and it has already broke our sway bar mount on one of them due to it flexing the sway bar when it hits it.

Sorry took so long @Hometeam heres the measurements. Short is inside longer is outside. Made sure camera angle was spot on

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
On it! I'll get it into the test bay.

@Hometeam have you already called in with pics? If not, PM me some pics and which part it was. Upper arms I'm assuming?
Yeah the upper rear 4th link. I don't run a rear swaybar so I never ran into this with my SATV set on my R.

View attachment 425986
View attachment 425987

I run this even without the swaybar since the flex in the rear can fatigue those uprights and cause them to break clean in half just in front of the gusseting right here:

Adds more lateral support higher up between the two sides since there isn't any from the factory other than the rear diff mount brace (I guess technically the swaybar would be the upper bracing...) :

advertisement
SuperATV

SuperATV

Vendor
Dec 5, 2013
Madison, IN
www.superatv.com
I will send the pics asap. I had been to busy to contact you about at this. I actually have 2 sets installed on our 2 of our Talon Rs that both rub. One has split the brace and one has not yet. I have adjusted them every way possible with nothing stopping it from rubbing. I have a 3rd set sitting in the box to install on our 3rd R. I did not install the 3rd set yet due to this issue. Thanks
Yeah the upper rear 4th link. I don't run a rear swaybar so I never ran into this with my SATV set on my R.

I run this even without the swaybar since the flex in the rear can fatigue those uprights and cause them to break clean in half just in front of the gusseting right here:

View attachment 426584

Adds more lateral support higher up between the two sides since there isn't any from the factory other than the rear diff mount brace (I guess technically the swaybar would be the upper bracing...) :

View attachment 426586

View attachment 426585
Geez...I guess we're going to have to make one of those frame braces too. Looks like that's always going to be a problem...even without the sway bar.

@Hometeam I couldn't make it hit on the lift with the shock off. We had pretty big billet hex sway bar links on there too. Way bigger than stock. They are bolted to the outside of the sway bar, correct? PM me so I don't wreck CP's thread. Lol!

Guess that frame base is going on my list!

Sorry for the derailment @CumminsPusher .

Coeus

Coeus

Major General
Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2019
Signal Mountain, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R4 LV
Geez...I guess we're going to have to make one of those frame braces too. Looks like that's always going to be a problem...even without the sway bar.

@Hometeam I couldn't make it hit on the lift with the shock off. We had pretty big billet hex sway bar links on there too. Way bigger than stock. They are bolted to the outside of the sway bar, correct? PM me so I don't wreck CP's thread. Lol!

He likes to get derailed… wait… what? Nomo

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV

No derailment taken. But if I may throw a suggestion as well, I absolutely love the satv skid but I’d suggest a drain hole here, I think maybe it doesn’t allow water/mud out? Probably more pronounced on my machine cause I don’t detail after every ride. Maybe it’s coming from somewhere else idk.but it is super hard to clean out

IMG 1619

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Damn, that's a lot of cleaning time CP. I run the power washer for about an hour and call it done.
Probably took an hour just in the bed after cooler came out and under driver seat to get the pine needle packed dried mud out. It’s definitely worse to clean with all the broken plastics too. I felt bad, really like this machine it won’t get that bad again.

SuperATV

SuperATV

Vendor
Dec 5, 2013
Madison, IN
www.superatv.com
No derailment taken. But if I may throw a suggestion as well, I absolutely love the satv skid but I’d suggest a drain hole here, I think maybe it doesn’t allow water/mud out? Probably more pronounced on my machine cause I don’t detail after every ride. Maybe it’s coming from somewhere else idk.but it is super hard to clean out

View attachment 426649
I'll put it on the list! Thanks!

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!