P700 Display comes back on after shutting down

R

Rsloveiii

May 16, 2015
Ownership

1. 700-4
I have a 2015 700-4. I love this thing, its a work horse. I was ready to head out hunting this weekend and the battery was completely drained. I installed a new battery and it cranked right up. When I returned from hunting the check engine light was blinking 6 long times and 4 short and it was tough to shift. The display would also not turn off when I shut down the machine. The portion of the display that shows "R' or "D" just had a "-". One time I turned the key off it kept running until i put my foot on the brake.

I unplugged the positive wires off the battery to keep the display from draining it. When I plugged it back in the gear issue was gone. I think my main issue is now when I turn the machine off, at some point the display comes back on, it could be 5 minutes, it could be 2 hours. I spent the weekend unhooking the battery each time I got to my hunting spot which is a pain.

What do you guys think my issue is? Ignition switch?

H

Hondalakeguy

Jun 15, 2021
Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 700-4
I have the same issue with my 700-4 2019 model. Thinking it is the ignition switch but hope some can help

KevP700-4

KevP700-4

Mar 27, 2021
Northern MI
Ownership

1. 700-4
Yep, might try spraying some CRC Contact Cleaner into the switch. Might be the quick, cheap fix.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If you don't get a quick fix with cleaning or replacing the ignition switch I'd wire a battery disconnect in it. Definitely easier than unhooking the battery every time you park it.

KevP700-4

KevP700-4

Mar 27, 2021
Northern MI
Ownership

1. 700-4
Might also suggest pulling the contacts plug on the back of the gauge and clean those contacts as well. Additionally, you might look behind the ignition switch to see if there's a weather plug. If so remove and clean this contacts as well.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!