P500 Dust Snorkel Mod.

bowhunterbob

bowhunterbob

Feb 28, 2021
Lancaster County Pennsylvania
Ownership

1. 520
Has anyone done a dust snorkel mod to a P520 or any other dust reducing mods? I am looking to add something to mine if anyone has pics or videos. When I was riding in northern Idaho, a guy had one on his P500 because the trails out there are incredibly dusty, which is where I got the idea. If there is a thread that I missed somewhere, copy me a link please.

Reactions: Mudder
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
A dust snorkel? Like pulling air from inside the cab? I would think that would be the only difference as opposed to the typical snorkel pulling air from the back of the machine. Other than that it's about how many layers of filtering you have in place. I run a K&N oiled filter with a pre-charger on it and then panty hose over the snorkel tips. Pulling air from inside the cab would probably be loud.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
just trying to keep dust down any way possible.
BLAHAHAHAHA u have a sxs right?
Full enclosure about as close as ur gonna get.
What @trigger has keeps dust out of the engines air filter if that's what ur asking? Sounds like ur asking for a filter like a cars cabin filter for the cab? If that's the case, good luck with that.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I have some pics I can load later, on my phone at work right now. Simple 2" pvc and a 2" Fernco and you're up and running. How you route and terminate is up to you. The only thing it's doing is moving the point of intake higher. Better for water intrusion for sure, jury is out for dust intake though. 🤷‍♂️

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Thanks, I will take your pics later for sure and anyone else that wants to show snorkel setup so I can copy it.
If u do a search up top, there is an old thread on how to do this. Also in there is my old P5 build “Remi’s Bumblebee build” that has details like Triggs on how I did mine.

Also, dont forget when responding to someones post to hit the “reply” at the bottom of there post then finish your response. Otherwise we wont get a message that u responded. Just happend to be scrolling through and stopped to check it out this time

HiFive

HiFive

Apr 17, 2019
West Central Fl.
Ownership

1. 500
Just snorkel and add pantyhose.

1020201125a

bowhunterbob

bowhunterbob

Feb 28, 2021
Ownership

1. 520
If u do a search up top, there is an old thread on how to do this. Also in there is my old P5 build “Remi’s Bumblebee build” that has details like Triggs on how I did mine.

Also, dont forget when responding to someones post to hit the “reply” at the bottom of there post then finish your response. Otherwise we wont get a message that u responded. Just happend to be scrolling through and stopped to check it out this time
I’ll check all of that out, thank you!
Got it on the reply miscue, thanks.

advertisement
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Honda Bob's shows the Fernco's, just the brand name of rubber couplings. Don't have a detailed picture where I cut my intake tube or anything but like I said, how you route and terminate is kind of up to you. The best advice I can give you is don't reduce the size of the intake tube. Some guys reduce it to 1 1/2", probably cheaper and easier to work with but it's going to restrict the amount of airflow and that's not wise. Here's what I have...

SnorkelSnorkel Intakes

bowhunterbob

bowhunterbob

Feb 28, 2021
Ownership

1. 520
Reactions: Pakker and Mudder
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!