P1000 First aftermarket accessory for the Honda Pioneer 1000?

TOOLOUD

TOOLOUD

Aug 10, 2015
Benton,La
So who / what company is gonna be the First to have a aftermarket winch bumper for the new P1K's. There doesn't appear to be much room on the factory bumper to mount a winch. MP

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
It will be EMP or StrongMade. But I think I will stick to the factory bumper this go around. I really was not a fan of there types of bumpers.

Then again. Seeing this thing is going to be a hit, I would suspect some of the Arizona companies to take a pick to it within a year.

F

Fullthrottle

Oct 5, 2015
The factory setup accepts a winch doesnt it? Having a winch up high on bumper is nice that its up out of mud but the lower its mounted the better for getting you unstuck.

TOOLOUD

TOOLOUD

Aug 10, 2015
Benton,La
Agreed - but just looking at it yesterday it didn't appear to have a lotta room under there. Might be more than it looks though. Plus I wanna put a bigger winch on mine.

J

Jack39

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 12, 2015
Wareham, MA (near cape cod)
I sold my Teryx to buy a new P1k/3. I had the winch wired front and back, put a front reciever on it, and built a mount to drop over the trailer ball. I carried the winch in the storage compartment. When I needed the winch, I put it on whichever end I needed, plugged it in and go! When my new P1 gets here, I will set it up the same way.

ElmerFudd

ElmerFudd

Jul 19, 2015
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I sold my Teryx to buy a new P1k/3. I had the winch wired front and back, put a front reciever on it, and built a mount to drop over the trailer ball. I carried the winch in the storage compartment. When I needed the winch, I put it on whichever end I needed, plugged it in and go! When my new P1 gets here, I will set it up the same way.
When mine shows up I want to put a receiver in the front and one on the headache rack. Wire the Warn plugs all three spots. Carry it up top on the headache rack. That's where I use it the most anyway, to load elk.

J

Jack39

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 12, 2015
I like the sound of that, maybe I'll add a receiver off the rops. I'll have to look it over though to see how I can work around the soft cab on the T-3.

Reactions: ElmerFudd
stevenj

stevenj

Sep 14, 2015
Agreed - but just looking at it yesterday it didn't appear to have a lotta room under there. Might be more than it looks though. Plus I wanna put a bigger winch on mine.

There's plenty room. I mounted my 4000lb Warn last Sat. I fab'ed my own bracket also.

advertisement
TOOLOUD

TOOLOUD

Aug 10, 2015
Benton,La
There's plenty room. I mounted my 4000lb Warn last Sat. I fab'ed my own bracket also.
Not for what I want to put on mine.
I can promise you that if you get buried real good A 4K or 5k Winch might or might not get you out.

Reactions: adnoh
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
View attachment 7822
I can promise you that if you get buried real good A 4K or 5k Winch might or might not get you out.

That's why I carry a snatch block, tree straps, clevis, etc. I'd rather have the smaller which that's rated for 4000 pounds or 4500 pounds and double when needed.

Reactions: stevenj
Johnny_C

Johnny_C

Nov 19, 2015
Western N. Carolina
I like the idea of a 2" hitch receiver in the front, to be
able to move the winch to the front or rear as required.

I am waiting for my dealer to get my soft doors & back, and
my windshield in to install them, so I might not be able to
bring my 1k-3 home until next Sunday or Monday. A real
bummer because I am off the rest of this week.

So I can't start pouring over it to get add on idea's as well
as planning out fab projects for it.

So my question is, will I have to fab my own plates or
brackets to add the receiver upfront, or will someone
already make that?

I can't stand waiting for it!

John

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
View attachment 7822

The AMP draw on that winch has to be in the 500-600amp range, you'd need a 2nd and 3rd maybe even a 4th deep cycle battery to get yourself out with that, just use a 6000b Viper winch if you really want a high rated winch, and of course a snatch block.

I am only going to put a 4500lb wide spool, low amp draw winch probably a Superwinch gives you more rope per layer and if you can stay on the first layer with a snatch block you'll have 9000lbs of pull for a 1700-2000lb-ish machine but if you are on an upper layer you may only have 1500-3000lbs WITH a snatch block.

I have watched a 4500lb winch on the second layer drag my Silverado Crew (5600lbs curb weight according to chevy) with the brakes on. Thats not out of mud but its more than 3 times the weight of the 1000-5.

J

Jack39

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 12, 2015
John, You can buy the receiver tube online, but for this purpose, just a piece of 2 1/8" I.D. square tube would be sufficient. I welded two peices of 1/4 X 2 flat stock to the bottom of the tube, drilled holes to correspond with the factory winch mount holes, painted it and voila! If you buy the tube, it saves drilling holes for the hitch pin.

Johnny_C

Johnny_C

Nov 19, 2015
Western N. Carolina
Jack,
I was hoping it would be that simple. I haven't
gotten to look our 1k3 over yet, but that's one
feature I want to add.

Thanks for the reply.

John

J

Jack39

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 12, 2015
John, congrats on your new P1000. I am impatiently waiting for mine which is scheduled to ship Dec. 8. ATV's and UTV's aren't big sellers in Massachusets, as we don't have many places to ride. Too many people, and an anti atv mentality. People on dirt bikes pretty much tore up this end (east) of the state. We are still paying. Our dealers are low on the list because of it At 76, I am too damn old to relocate, so we travel to NH and Maine to ride. After new years, we are heading to the southwest to get in some serious riding. We'll break the new P1000/3 in, in fine style.

Reactions: DTAGG
Johnny_C

Johnny_C

Nov 19, 2015
Western N. Carolina
Jack,
I was lucky to find 3 dealers in my area that had 1000's, and 2 of
them had the 1000-3's, just as I started getting serious about
buying one. The great thing is my wife is on board enough to
write the check! This is something I have been wanting to do
for many years. Our son is 10 so I am really looking forward
to sharing these times with him.

Thanks!

John

Reactions: DTAGG
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!