Deluxe700

Deluxe700

Lifetime Member
Jul 2, 2017
Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
Regarding the open frame tube ends:
Some folks have bought the square plugs to close the frame tubes. They say it keeps water out, and prevents rust.
Some folks say that you need to leave the frame tubes open so water and moisture can escape out of the open ends, and allow air to dry the inside...again to prevent rust.

Any thoughts...

Reactions: Mudwing
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Regarding the open frame tube ends:
Some folks have bought the square plugs to close the frame tubes. They say it keeps water out, and prevents rust.
Some folks say that you need to leave the frame tubes open so water and moisture can escape out of the open ends, and allow air to dry the inside...again to prevent rust.

Any thoughts...

They're going to rust either way but putting the plugs in looks better and keeps some mud out. My 2c.

lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
Water will get past the plugs, so it will rust.
I like the idea of cleaning the frame tubes with the pressure washer, then hit the inside with an oil like 'Fluid film'.
Your mileage may vary

Reactions: bpike207
swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Water will get past the plugs, so it will rust.
I like the idea of cleaning the frame tubes with the pressure washer, then hit the inside with an oil like 'Fluid film'.
Your mileage may vary
I agree 100 percent

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
I think it's better to leave them open. In fact, all of my caps eventually got spread around central AZ (by accident).

Take 1 of the engine skid bolts out on occasion on the rear crossmember as well. Always had a lot of water come out of the hole whenever i removed one.

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
IMG 1939
And make sure you check the front ones especially.Stuff starts growing in there:eek:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!