Screenshot 20170116 082202

chrisC

chrisC

Lifetime Member
Jul 4, 2015
Newfoundland, Canada
Ownership

1. 500
the trail has more travel but i think the compression and rebound feel about equal
I agree! It's very comparable. On most terrain they are VERY close.
Longer travel will have the advantage ,and that's not as easy to change on our 500's
I've been looking at those Outkast long arched a arms with 3" lift. Pretty cool....But widens the machine a lot.I don't want to deal with more width and more mud though. Lol.

Great that you can offer the changeover service Jak !

Makes the front shocks a bolt on job for those without welding access!

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

chrisC

chrisC

Lifetime Member
Jul 4, 2015
Newfoundland, Canada
Ownership

1. 500
I haven't been running a swaybar on mine.
Although I haven't had any issues at all....There's certainly no harm in running one !

The spring setup we (jak9922,solrus and me ) have puts the shock at 45 degrees in the rear...
That angle changes the effective spring rate...
Multiply spring rate by .71 for 45 degrees shock angle

So the 425HD are 485/225 spring rate
485 x .71= 344 (actual spring rate)
It would be nice to know what the stock rate is to compare.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

pFive

pFive

May 3, 2016
Greenwood IN
Ownership

1. 500
I've been looking at those Outkast long arched a arms with 3" lift. Pretty cool....But widens the machine a lot.I don't want to deal with more width and more mud though. Lol.

Wait, do they make the Arched arms in a wider width? I have only seen the standard width for the stock length axles?

jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
Wait, do they make the Arched arms in a wider width? I have only seen the standard width for the stock length axles?
i know in some of the pics it looks wider because of the rims and tires that are on them but i dont know if the actual lift adds width to it

Reactions: Dp5hunter
jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
Im thinking about having you do the front at takeover, just wondering from that perspective if I should remove the rear sway bar.
that depends on your riding style if you ride fast and like to push the machine id leave it on if you are more of a slower like to rock climb ect remove it you can always put it back on if you dont like it

Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
that depends on your riding style if you ride fast and like to push the machine id leave it on if you are more of a slower like to rock climb ect remove it you can always put it back on if you dont like it
Ok thanks, I think I will disconnect it and experiment with it . I will PM you and discuss the front replacement.

jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
i wont have the shocks stocked but if you brought them with you i could put them on in no time

Reactions: Montecresto
solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
if you want to run the progressive front shocks send me your front upper a arms to relocate your lower shock mounts and ill send back with the new shocks 450$ includes shippingView attachment 31028

How much will be work only without front shocks?

chrisC

chrisC

Lifetime Member
Jul 4, 2015
Newfoundland, Canada
Ownership

1. 500
i know in some of the pics it looks wider because of the rims and tires that are on them but i dont know if the actual lift adds width to it
The outkast fabworx 3" lift needs a 2" wheel spacer in the rear and the front is still 3/4" wider than that! That would be too much mud slinging for me!
The kit is able to use stock front axles because instead of the stock setup where the axles are angled towards the back....the Outkast lift have the axles going straight out of the differential. Wider....
the kit has front upper and lower a arms and rear lower a arms
$700

jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
The outkast fabworx 3" lift needs a 2" wheel spacer in the rear and the front is still 3/4" wider than that! That would be too much mud slinging for me!
The kit is able to use stock front axles because instead of the stock setup where the axles are angled towards the back....the Outkast lift have the axles going straight out of the differential. Wider....
the kit has front upper and lower a arms and rear lower a arms
$700
makes sense i havent looked that far into them

jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
i have to relocate your shock mounts so i have to cut and weld on your upper arms then its just a bolt of for you

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!