P1000 HEATER REVIEW

S

SXS81

Nov 16, 2015
After reading this thread P1000 - Major disappointment | The Honda Side by Side Club! I am very curious on whether or not the Honda Heater is worth the money and if its very efficient!? So anyone who has the heater installed on the 1000 please give us a review!! Thanks
Its not too bad, first uvt I have had with one in so I dont have anything to compare with it. I have a 5 deluxe (took of rear roll bar) with hard doors, hard top, and glass windshield and still waiting on hard rear panel to come in(around dec 15). In the meantime I took a sheet of thin plexi and cut and mounted it for rear panel. I had it out in 25 degree weather and it worked alright but I have a few air leaks that once I get sealed up should make a big difference though.

J

jokerperry

Nov 16, 2015
Alberta Canada
After reading this thread P1000 - Major disappointment | The Honda Side by Side Club! I am very curious on whether or not the Honda Heater is worth the money and if its very efficient!? So anyone who has the heater installed on the 1000 please give us a review!! Thanks
I'm also interested I have my P1000 3 seater booked in for Monday to get a heater installed. I know the Polaris 900 rangers pump out the heat I'm hoping for the same results.

AKTMW

AKTMW

Oct 25, 2015
Anchorage
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Honda finally got the winch mount and winch installed yesterday. I went and picked it up, got home, drove it off the trailer and noticed a rubbing noise coming from the front driveline area. Pulled the floor boards off, and found that one of the heater hoses and an electrical conduit were rubbing the boot on the front driveline. The heater hose /wiring does not have much room to make it around the driveline w/o rubbing. I took it back to Honda for them to fix the issue. We will see what they come up with. At least secure it better than just a couple of zip ties. I'll post a picture, but it may be hard to see what I am describing. The other thing I noticed was how close the heater hoses were to the engine. (main heater assembly is installed in the space under the driver side seat). I might wrap some heat shield around the thin hose in that area, so it seems like I may be prone to melting if it got hot enough.

Anyway, my first impressions of the heater are not so good, for $800. Hopefully Honda is able to fix the rubbing issues, and the actual hoses look pretty thin, so after a few rough trail rides I am sure there will be holes worn through them and need to be replaced. As far as actual heat output, I only had it idling in the front yard, but it seems to be warming up the cab fairly well. It is 20 deg F up here today.

Attachments

• IMG_1122.JPG
    IMG_1122.JPG
    99.3 KB · Views: 355
  • IMG_1124.JPG
    IMG_1124.JPG
    91.7 KB · Views: 373
  • IMG_1126.JPG
    IMG_1126.JPG
    156.1 KB · Views: 329
Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
I like the golf cart heater idea!! The factory heater scares me a little because I do take mine to off road parks and it doesn't sound like the Honda heater will hold up to that.

Reactions: Slackjaw

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!