Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Re: Honda Side by Side Group Ride. March 28 & 29, 2014

Everyone,
What kind of riding does everyone want to do on sat?

I have never been to WindRock. So I have put a request out for a guide. I received a response today.
-What do you think on a guide?
Who here has been enough and knows the trails enough to guide us?

-Been told difficult trails may be impassable. Do we want to even try these?
-Stay off dirt roads as much as we can. defiantly.
-Windmills ARE on the list several times.
-is a full day ride ok with everyone?
-lunch on trail ok?

Friday is a open ride for whoever is there.

Only a month away.

FYI,
This group ride is a collaborative effort and our first attempt. We need everyone's help to make it a success.
Thanks.

H

hydrantman

I'm not in for the extreme trails keep to the medium trails, for sure on Saturday

TandT

TandT

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2013
Newark, Ohio
Ownership

1. 700-4
OK All, Can't wait. I was in the dealership the other day and was telling them about this trip we all are going on. So as we was talking He said he will give me some door prizes to give away. So I have been thinking that if everyone could get some kind of a door prize (anything) from anywhere, this could be FUN. I will bring a table and a roll of tickets. We could do this Saturday evening at a get together. Place all the prizes on the table and draw a ticket, That person picks a prize and draws the next ticket and so on until all the prizes are gone. What does everyone think of this. I'm sure it will be a lot of FUN.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
hydrantman said:
I'm not in for the extreme trails keep to the medium trails, for sure on Saturday
Yep, I am being told the difficult trails are REALLY DIFFICULT. Unlike other places I been where difficult is just a small hill.

@TandT, I am working on a few things too. So Yes. Bring the tickets.

B

barry w

Lifetime Member
Jan 19, 2014
I made my reservations today at wind Rock campground. I am planning on arriving on the 26th. Thanks for getting this group ride together. I have not been there before, looks like some pretty tough trails and situations to yourself into. Hope there are some moderate trails for this old man.

B

barry w

Lifetime Member
Jan 19, 2014
How do I sign up for the group rides. I will be coming with my wife and our pioneer 2. Not interested in extreme trails but will do what it takes to stay with the group. Does this post sign me up? If not help me out someone, please!

Thanks Barry W

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R

Yep. Is the below correct?
Ya. We will try to stay off the difficulties trails.

If you want to come, Please sign up.
If there any changes or additions just copy and paste the below with your updates.

1. HondaSxS - 3 people - 1 Pioneer - 2 others
2. hdrantman - 6 people - 1 Pioneer - 3 other
3. TandT - 4 people - 1 Pioneer - 2 others
4. Mpnoonan - 5 people - 1 Pioneer - 3 others
5. ohanacreek - 2 people - 1 Pioneer
6. binfordw - 2 people - 1 Pioneer
7. wood4502 - 6 people - 1 Pioneer - 3 others
8. spifyd - 2 people - 1 Pioneer
9. Barry - 2 people - 1 Pioneer
---------------------------------------------

advertisement
B

barry w

Lifetime Member
Jan 19, 2014
I am unfamiliar with the windsock area, anyone know if there is a gas station close by. I do know the trails are accessible from the campground. Nice not to have to load up and haul each day. Thanks Barry

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Town is not far at all. But not sure if U r allowed to drive into it.
Yep. Be nice to find out.

K

kyhunter

Oct 30, 2013
Hope you all have a great time. I wish I could make it but I'm going to take one for the team. Unless they passed a new law you can't ride Into town.

K

kyhunter

Oct 30, 2013
Barry from Windrock campground your about 4 miles or so to the nearest gas station. We always take a 5 gallon gas can and fill it up whenever we get off the Clinton Norris exit off of I-75. Maybe the Next Honda SXS ride we can hit Ride Royal Blue. We can ride to the gas stations there and to the Mexican Resturant. You can stay at the Comfort Inn For around a $100 a night ( you can ride from the motel to the Trails) or stay at the Ride Royal Blue campground If you'd like (But its over priced to camp with a tent) $90 a weekend for a spot with water and electric.

B

barry w

Lifetime Member
Jan 19, 2014
Thanks KyHunter, sorry you can't make this one. Will bring gas cans and fill up when I get there. 90.00 for a camp site is pretty high. Windrock campground is 38.00 full hook up. Get my feet wet on this one, will be better prepared for the next ride. Barry

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R

TanT, I sent out a handful of letters today asking for sponsorships or door prizes. Hopefully I'll get some good responses. I bought a wonderful item off eBay today that HSC employees were given to commemorate the start up of mass production.
Hopefully, I will get some more items soon.

TandT

TandT

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2013
Newark, Ohio
Ownership

1. 700-4
Wife called down to WindRock today. There is a Barb B Q stand that is at the trail head and is open on the week ends, There is 2 pizza shops that will deliver to the park. The gas station is about 4 miles from the park and you can not ride to it so bring gas cans or load up to go fuel go.

B

barry w

Lifetime Member
Jan 19, 2014
Yep. Is the below correct?
Ya. We will try to stay off the difficulties trails.

If you want to come, Please sign up.
If there any changes or additions just copy and paste the below with your updates.

1. HondaSxS - 3 people - 1 Pioneer - 2 others
2. hdrantman - 6 people - 1 Pioneer - 3 other
3. TandT - 4 people - 1 Pioneer - 2 others
4. Mpnoonan - 5 people - 1 Pioneer - 3 others
5. ohanacreek - 2 people - 1 Pioneer
6. binfordw - 2 people - 1 Pioneer
7. wood4502 - 6 people - 1 Pioneer - 3 others
8. spifyd - 2 people - 1 Pioneer
9. Barry - 2 people - 1 Pioneer
---------------------------------------------

Is this the final tally, or will there be others that want sign up. Is everyone bringing something for door prizes, I am in if that is what the group is doing. The ride is quickly approaching. I still have a bunch to do to get ready. Barry

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
@barry,
Oh ya. Getting excited. You can bring a door prize if you want. But it's not required. We will draw sat evening.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!