P1000 I need power terminal block help please.

SuperDutyJohn

SuperDutyJohn

Aug 20, 2018
Vero Beach, FL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Correct..no fuse.
Ive ordered a Blue Sea 5030 6 circuit with ground bus and a 5/16" Stud Power distribution busbar (red positive and black for ground, two bars) with cover. That should do what I want with future room. Winch will be direct and the Wet Systems stuff to the busbar with their individual fuses supplied on their cords; all of this will be on my second bigger AGM battery, after the the battery isolator. Lights, maybe a horn and whips will be on the Blue Sea 5030.

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ive ordered a Blue Sea 5030 6 circuit with ground bus and a 5/16" Stud Power distribution busbar (red positive and black for ground, two bars) with cover. That should do what I want with future room. Winch will be direct and the Wet Systems stuff to the busbar with their individual fuses supplied on their cords; all of this will be on my second bigger AGM battery, after the the battery isolator. Lights, maybe a horn and whips will be on the Blue Sea 5030.
Always be prepared for more. I recently overhauled my wiring. I never "planned" to add all the things i have and had an awful mess. Run some extra hot wires when you go to do it..it will make it alot easier on ya later down the road.

RedFred1

RedFred1

Aug 4, 2018
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-3

Nice... sounds like a plan! Make sure to consider connectors in your wiring so that if you need to pull your hood that you do not have hard wires run to switches or lights, etc. The worst thing is doing a really nice install, then have a problem that requires taking it apart and it becomes a GIANT PITA because you forgot to give yourself a way to easily do that... don't ask me how I know...

FredD

Last edited:
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Simple, but works.

https://www.amazon.com/Positive-Insulated-Battery-Junction-thread/dp/B009SCSXVO/?tag=sxsweb24-20

DF592713 C20F 4F23 9869 C28C8E257DDC

advertisement
RedFred1

RedFred1

Aug 4, 2018
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-3
These we're way too big, I'm returning them. Now I need to get power on solenoids for the Wet Sounds equipment because I realize they are on all the time....

You really only need a single relay that is powered on by the key on circuit. From that you can tie to your fused distribution or other block. You can run a wire straight from your battery, through the relay to a large fuse or breaker and then to your distribution. You only need to size it for the total distributed load. There are lots of nice solid state or sealed DC relays. They also make fused relays if you only need a circuit or two but the main point is your key on power should power a relay to seperate the load from the key on power circuit.

HTH!

FredD

SuperDutyJohn

SuperDutyJohn

Aug 20, 2018
Vero Beach, FL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
You really only need a single relay that is powered on by the key on circuit. From that you can tie to your fused distribution or other block. You can run a wire straight from your battery, through the relay to a large fuse or breaker and then to your distribution. You only need to size it for the total distributed load. There are lots of nice solid state or sealed DC relays. They also make fused relays if you only need a circuit or two but the main point is your key on power should power a relay to seperate the load from the key on power circuit.

HTH!

FredD

I'd like a lighted switch on my switch panel to power the music, I'd like the option to play it with the key off. Do you by chance have an Amazon link for that relay?

Reactions: Montecresto
RedFred1

RedFred1

Aug 4, 2018
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I'd like a lighted switch on my switch panel to power the music, I'd like the option to play it with the key off. Do you by chance have an Amazon link for that relay?

If you want to play it with the key off, you don't really need to tie to the key on circuit. do you know how many amps your sound system uses?

switch
https://www.amazon.com/MICTUNING-LS083601JL-Stereo-Rocker-Switch/dp/B0129K45ZY/?tag=sxsweb24-20

Fused relay
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07F6CK8DB/?tag=sxsweb24-20

FredD

Last edited:
SuperDutyJohn

SuperDutyJohn

Aug 20, 2018
Vero Beach, FL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
If you want to play it with the key off, you don't really need to tie to the key on circuit. do you know how many amps your sound system uses?

switch
https://www.amazon.com/MICTUNING-LS083601JL-Stereo-Rocker-Switch/dp/B0129K45ZY/?tag=sxsweb24-20

Fused relay
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07F6CK8DB/?tag=sxsweb24-20

FredD
Yes, amps are: Wet Sounds AS-6 30 amps, Wet Sounds Stealth 6 Sound Bar 15 amps. I have that exact stereo rocker switch, I planned on using that with a relay. Thanks for the help.

Reactions: RedFred1
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!