Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Well that settles it, progressive coverage in my future,
Not sure how they are with sxs claims but they are atrocious in RV claims.
Have had at least 3 people that have had real bad issues with there claims from Progressive. 2 are still fighting them for over a year and another took almost a year and still didnt get it all taken care of.

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Not sure how they are with sxs claims but they are atrocious in RV claims.
Have had at least 3 people that have had real bad issues with there claims from Progressive. 2 are still fighting them for over a year and another took almost a year and still didnt get it all taken care of.
I've never had an issue, had my sleds with them and they covered my MXZ1200 without issue when I got hit in the rear and crushed the tunnel. Actually they were the only one I could find that would cover my sled, everyone else said it was over the CC limit

seijirou

seijirou

Lifetime Member
Apr 17, 2024
Kaufman, TX
Ownership

1. 1000 6 Crew
When comparing prices you gotta shop apples to apples on the coverages. I'm shopping this right now and got this quote (below) maybe 30 minutes ago. This is through USAA via Progressive. Just vehicle coverage is dirt cheap (see the "basic" and "choice" pre-packaged options at the top). What changes things though is if you get liability, uninsured/underinsured, and injury protection (which is denominated as a per-month benefit). This is for stuff like, your buggy's throttle gets stuck and runs over some spectator... or someone else's buggy runs over you. The ppl with $200/yr insurances... your medical claims are going to fall on deaf ears. Those are a lot less cheap, but the total still isn't bad for a year considering. Everyone do your own, just something to think about.

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
I just looked, $342/year for both buggies, think the $700 figure was when I had the sleds on the policy as well

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
When comparing prices you gotta shop apples to apples on the coverages. I'm shopping this right now and got this quote (below) maybe 30 minutes ago. This is through USAA via Progressive. Just vehicle coverage is dirt cheap (see the "basic" and "choice" pre-packaged options at the top). What changes things though is if you get liability, uninsured/underinsured, and injury protection (which is denominated as a per-month benefit). This is for stuff like, your buggy's throttle gets stuck and runs over some spectator... or someone else's buggy runs over you. The ppl with $200/yr insurances... your medical claims are going to fall on deaf ears. Those are a lot less cheap, but the total still isn't bad for a year considering. Everyone do your own, just something to think about.

View attachment 429837
As someone said earlier, this really varies from state to state......liability limits, uninsured, etc. For example, MI has "No Fault", regardless of who is at fault in the accident it's your own insurance that pays for your vehicle/med bills.

seijirou

seijirou

Lifetime Member
Apr 17, 2024
Kaufman, TX
Ownership

1. 1000 6 Crew
As someone said earlier, this really varies from state to state......liability limits, uninsured, etc. For example, MI had "No Fault", regardless of who is at fault in the accident it's your own insurance that pays for your vehicle/med bills.
For sure. Mostly just want to point out to understand what you're getting and how it works. I first sought a quote from a broker and got something in the $200 range and my 1st instinct was that's great, but had them send over the details to review anyway. It was missing a lot of things, and liability limits were 30k/60k and that isn't going to cut it in today's economy. Just my opinion of course. I'm also the sole provider for my household. If something happens to me and I can't work, there needs to be some income replacement coverage or 4 other people could quickly have their lives turned upside down. I don't really do dumb stuff but guess I've seen too many things. Here's hoping nobody here ever needs any of it!

Bad_bowtie

Bad_bowtie

Huge member
Lifetime Member
Jun 29, 2016
East Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
I will say, I had only had Progressive for a month or 2 when a wind storm blew the roof of my deck over my house and landed on the Talon. I filed a claim with pics, they sent someone out to verify and they cut me a check.
20230325 074001
20230325 073358
20230325 122022

BlacktopBurner

BlacktopBurner

Judge Of Others
Lifetime Member
May 21, 2024
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Progressive, liability only. $169 annually.

Reactions: ChadD
advertisement
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I've never had an issue, had my sleds with them and they covered my MXZ1200 without issue when I got hit in the rear and crushed the tunnel. Actually they were the only one I could find that would cover my sled, everyone else said it was over the CC limit
Thats good to hear. Actually the first positive Ive heard personally even when chatting with my customers about insurance. Never hear any thing positive about them with claims.

Reactions: ChadD and Coeus

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!