Made My Own Winch Mount

Theron

Theron

Sep 30, 2013
Anchorage Alaska
Ownership

1. 700-4
I didn't want to wait for the Honda mount, especially for that price, so I made my own. I put it on and had the opportunity to use it on a Bear hunt with a friend before I removed and painted it. It held up great, and seem to be plenty strong. Its all welded to the front bumper to tie the top and bottom mounting points together. I figured the bumper is easy to completely replace and didn't want to attach and pull directly from the middle of the uprights and risk damaging the internal frame. Of course that was before I learned that is how the Honda kit attaches so it probably would have been ok. Once I tested it, I removed it and primed all the new steel and scuffed all of the existing paint, then painted the whole thing with some rattle can bed liner spray. I'm very happy with the results. It was pretty easy to build but does require the ability to weld.

Photo
Photo2
Photo1
Photo6
Photo9
Photo12
Photo17
Photo20
Photo18

slowdryrider

slowdryrider

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 14, 2013
Canada
Looks nice and strong good job. Always nice to beable to save a few$$. At least if you get stuck you have a way out now.

bigc

bigc

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 16, 2013
thats a nice different design and true the bumper can always be replaced to make it original and welcome to the site theron

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!