P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Requirements vary by state, and be wary of some of these online resources that tell you what the requirements are for your state. One site had MI requirements totally wrong.

You want an official source, like your DMV / secretary of state / whatever you guys call that fascist agency up there.

B

Boomer28

Aug 11, 2021
Morrisville, Pennsylvania
Ownership

1. 700-4
Hey Folks, Thank you for your responses. I was a Boom Operator in SAC. Retired in April 89. I am fully sacumsized. I flew out of McGuire AFB 170th AREFG NJANG. My old unit is gone and has morfed into the 108th AREFG at McGuire. Any other SAC Weenies here. We flew all over. Was BAFB Barksdale? Did alot of BUFFS out of Barksdale. Hard to believe it was soooo long ago.
Retirement is so good. We have a place in Bethel, Vermont which is where the Pioneer is and we have a place in Florida (Fort Myers) at a campground, we own our lot. Are either of those places any better than Pa for registration. Would really be nice to make it street legal in Fl, we go down to the keys (camping) and stay at the Military Bases Trumbo or Sigsbe in Key West. I have also been thinking about buying a setup to load it in the back of my truck so we could use it to travel around out west. Any suggestions would be most helpful.
Thanks in advance, Jack M. Air Refueling Tech

Haldog77

Haldog77

NTC's Mafia Enforcer
Lifetime Member
Sep 30, 2019
Bossier City, Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Hey Folks, Thank you for your responses. I was a Boom Operator in SAC. Retired in April 89. I am fully sacumsized. I flew out of McGuire AFB 170th AREFG NJANG. My old unit is gone and has morfed into the 108th AREFG at McGuire. Any other SAC Weenies here. We flew all over. Was BAFB Barksdale? Did alot of BUFFS out of Barksdale. Hard to believe it was soooo long ago.
Retirement is so good. We have a place in Bethel, Vermont which is where the Pioneer is and we have a place in Florida (Fort Myers) at a campground, we own our lot. Are either of those places any better than Pa for registration. Would really be nice to make it street legal in Fl, we go down to the keys (camping) and stay at the Military Bases Trumbo or Sigsbe in Key West. I have also been thinking about buying a setup to load it in the back of my truck so we could use it to travel around out west. Any suggestions would be most helpful.
@Mopower58 we have a mad ramp person here that needs some love. Yes, BAFB is Barksdale. Use to be the worlds largest or second largest SAC base on the planet.

Mopower58

Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Welcome from Mississippi. Personally I would not want a Mad Ramps. It makes the truck too top heavy. Maybe a flatbed or toyhauler. As far as street legal, @JenElio lives in south Florida and might be your go to source for being Street Legal.
#NTC

advertisement
B

Boomer28

Aug 11, 2021
Ownership

1. 700-4
Gentlemen, You will have to forgive me, what is a mad ramp. Is it those ramp things that you drive your ATV up to load it in the bed of the truck? Maybe I should tell you that my truck is an F-450 which is kind of heavy duty. My camping trailer is a Lance travel trailer 30 feet & weighs about 7200 lbs. I was hoping some how I could travel with it all in one package. I am willing to learn as I am sure this group has A LOT of experience. I will check back in tomorrow. Thanks All, Jack M.

Hey, I almost forgot is there a replacement muffler that would be quieter than the stock one, mine is kind of noisy. PS my 700 has been perfect really enjoy driving it, just wish it was quieter. Thanks Again

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I've seen a few around tagged but I have yet to find anywhere that states it is 100% legal. I know you can do ot through other states and then transfer the tag once in possession but it's kind of a gray area as far as I know.
There are several people that have done it but they purchased the machine already registered out of state. Then just transferred paper work to FL??? @russknight. I believe can help more then I.

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah, I looked up FL for a buddy of mine a few months back - he lives there and is thinking about getting a SXS. From what I learned, FL does not license them for streets either. I'd be curious to learn whether you can license it out-of-state and then ride it there, however...an idea I hadn't thought of...although, in that case, you may as well be a black guy riding around in a jelly donut.

• Haha
Reactions: JenElio
B

Boomer28

Aug 11, 2021
Ownership

1. 700-4
What is the closest state that will register them. I have friends in other states where I could use there address. Just wondering about a quiet muffler for the 700. My stock muffler is pretty loud under load. If I can ever get this thing registered it sure would be nice to hear and have a conversation. Is there any Honda's from the factory out there that is approved for street use? Thanks, Jack M. Boomer28

Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
Welcome from the deepest, dankest mud holes of WNY. The rules of the road are dictated by the municipality you’re in. If you need the blinkers and such check out The HondaSxS store for a nice kit.
As far as a muffler that will quiet things up, I think silent rider is the maker. Just be aware there have been reports of loss of power and bad smells when the silent rider was installed. I see you have an older pioneer. Is the stock muffler intact? Ie: spark arrestor or tip missing? Just asking questions. 😎 oh and the 7hundo is a solid machine. 😉
#ntc

B

Boomer28

Aug 11, 2021
Ownership

1. 700-4
Hey thanks for getting back to me so quick. The muffler I have is the original no mods. I know the young guys & girls like that throaty roar but my hearing is kaput a complication from jet engines and shooting. (I did wear hearing protection, just not good enough) The power factor is not a big problem just as long as it's say only 10% or so. The smell is interesting what could cause that? I can handle some but don't know about the wife. What is the smell dirty socks or poop. I know you probably won't believe me but I am still on the original battery. This is a fine machine. It would be cool if Honda came out with one that was street legal in the 50 states well way be not the left coast Ha Ha. The smart car is pretty small and that passes the sniff test, we know Honda can build something even better. Happy Trails to You Jack alias Boomer28

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!