highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Got the 700 running again yesterday. Feels so SLOW after having the Talon for 4 years!!

Question:
What would cause the engine to sound like it hits the Rev limiter right before it shifts? We weren’t running hard or fast but it does this every time before a shift. If I back out of the throttle a tiny amount it quits hesitating and completes the shift.

Reactions: Backwoods
highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Yesterday is was up at 3:30 with my daughter who had to work. So in the shop I went! Got the fox shocks and fender flares installed before 7am.

The brand new CF Moto wheels and tires match perfectly! The dealership that had this machine had some takeoffs that I got because the old tires were dry rotted. I like these though.

IMG 2510

Buggyman

Buggyman

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 3, 2020
ne. ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2
Answer:
It started shifting normally after a few miles. Must be related to oil temperature. Engine runs very good right now.
Glad to hear it's running good and excellent job. they do need some warm up time even when it's warm outside, I try to give mine at least 10 min. and in the winter closer to 20 or it takes more rpm to move and slow to shift.

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
We got the Pioneer 700 running smokeless with a fresh top end and engine flush.

It still would not run over 26-27 MPH, so I thought similar to RZRs, the fuel pump was getting weak. Changed that and the starter went out on the first crank after the fuel pump! Changed the started and it still wouldn't run just right. Honda said the cam chain jumped a cam sprocket tooth because the tensioner is weak. That will be next. A cam chain replacement job is about $1000 if done by Honda! Eventually, we will get this thing running to race spec!

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Latest update:
1. Replaced the IACV to minor improvements.
2. Replace the TPS with big improvements. The 700 will now reach the redline running at every RPM above idle.
3. Ordered a fuel injector to hopefully correct fueling surges and get the thing to idle.

What we have learned is that the engine ate so much dust, basically every part in the throttle body needed replacement. 😖

KevP700-4

KevP700-4

Mar 27, 2021
Northern MI
Ownership

1. 700-4
Guess it pays to oil the air filter. I use a tacky filter oil after each cleaning.

Your machine is looking great. Buying used can be a challenge. Just bought 3 quads this past year and had to put in the time to sort them out. It was time well spent and all 3 run awesome. You’re getting there, soon many years of trouble free use!

Reactions: Buggyman

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!