Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I’ve always used non-ethanol in my small engines. With the high prices I’m thinking of going to regular gas with sta-bil. Has anybody had any issues running regular gas. Thanks
Youll be fine. like @trigger said, dont let it sit. If your gonna b using the machine your good. Ive added seafoam when I use 87 gas

Last edited:
WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
A few years ago I quit using non ethanol and went to regular 87 just because of price. I do put star tron fuel treatment in it though. I haven't had any issues yet. I do this in the pioneer, boat, lawn mower, tractor, and 2 stroke gas. And it's still cheaper than using non ethanol factoring in my 24 mile round trip to go to a store that sells non ethanol.

Mopower58

Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
All I use is non-ethanol in all our small engines, mower, weed eater, chainsaw, leaf blower, chipper shredder, tiller,Pioneer. I just fill up the 5 gallon gas jug every time I fill up the truck. It's only .35 higher than the 10% ethanol I run in the truck. I had to buy a carburetor for a mower years ago due to ethanol. No problems ever since using non-ethanol for 12 years.

NEfarm_ranch

NEfarm_ranch

Oct 3, 2021
Nebraska
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. 1000-3
We get transports of e-35 on our farm. More small engines, gas pickups, 4-wheelers, and sxs than can keep track of. Don't put any additives in ever. Haven't had problems in old or new engines. We feel like the 35 gives us the best milage for the price. I'm a corn farmer so I'm biased but ethanol has a ton of positives. I don't understand how or why people pay more to not use it.

advertisement
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I don't understand how or why people pay more to not use it.
Because Ethanol has a corrosive action on fuel-system components, magnesium, aluminium and rubber. You may not see it right away but it will slowly eat away at those components. It also has a very short shelf life And short storage and tank life because its prone to absorb moisture from the air. It also means that depending on how long the gas stays in your tank or the humidity level of your geographic area, you can experience poor performance and even problems with fuel injectors. Not to mention its pre ignition it causes that is hard on internal components Just to name a few. plus the Left would want nothing more than us to stop rolling coal!

NEfarm_ranch

NEfarm_ranch

Oct 3, 2021
Nebraska
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. 1000-3
Because Ethanol has a corrosive action on fuel-system components, magnesium, aluminium and rubber. You may not see it right away but it will slowly eat away at those components. It also has a very short shelf life And short storage and tank life because its prone to absorb moisture from the air. It also means that depending on how long the gas stays in your tank or the humidity level of your geographic area, you can experience poor performance and even problems with fuel injectors. Not to mention its pre ignition it causes that is hard on internal components Just to name a few. plus the Left would want nothing more than us to stop rolling coal!
I should have ended my post with this: I understand there are lots of concerns and articles written and raised about ethanol. I'm sure that it's not best in all cases. With that said I've never experienced a problem in any situation. From the oldest to newest engine on the farm. From long term storage to short. From 2cycle engines and on. We use alot of fuel. Real world experience has led to no real problems yet. I'm highly biased though. I raise alot of corn and more ethanol use would help me out. To your last point about the left; I'd rather be using more ethanol than go electric. Anyone that lives under the shadow of a power plant knows electricity isn't as green as the guy at the end of a cul-de-sac thinks.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Real world experience has led to no real problems yet.
Unfortunately my real world experience as an engine mechanic hasnt sown not good results. As i said before, it dosnt happen quickly.

As a corn farmer i understand why you are for it and thats warrented. My buddy is one and hates it. so i guess it can go either way.

Yup, still hate electric. But in the orher hand, when Oil is not used, everything goes up as we see right now. Lets Go Brandon!

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I use sta-bal 360. I was using non-ethanol every other tank, that is not an option now.
Sta-bal, seafoam, star tron… what every you think is best.
I use sea foam and FVP stay tuned. you can get it at Menards. Same as SeaFoam. Ive not had any issues with it. In fact, it cleared up a sticky jet in one of my sleds

L

Lloydtheredneck

Sep 14, 2020
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
i only run 91 no ethanol. i use marvel mystery oil in it also. put a couple ounces in the can depending on size and then fill the can. i also run a gallon into the car/truck if its a shared one hose pump. make sure that what goes in the can is what i want. i havent ever had any trouble. i have gotten a ton of small engine equipment for cheep because of 10% gas and long term storage. i think alot of equipment now is made to run on the blend so honestly its probly no big deal, i know tons of people who run the blend and have no issues.

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4 LV
I’ve had to fix so many fuel tanks and carbs from ethanol gas sitting in them over the years, that straight gas would have to be 4x the cost before I’d go back to ethanol in my small motors, motors that sit long times before use.

Bombardier Convert

Bombardier Convert

Oct 3, 2021
Minnesota USA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Been running standard 87 for 6 yrs. Just don't let it sit forever.
Same here but I have kept it in 6 gallon cans over winter and in mowers, weed whippers, 4 wheelers, etc.. If I remember I will add some sea foam to all cans and vehicle and equipment tanks in the fall. I never have had a problem doing that and have never had to dump out year old gas because something wouldn't start.

NEfarm_ranch

NEfarm_ranch

Oct 3, 2021
Nebraska
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. 1000-3
I’ve had to fix so many fuel tanks and carbs from ethanol gas sitting in them over the years, that straight gas would have to be 4x the cost before I’d go back to ethanol in my small motors, motors that sit long times before use.
Guess the reason for my experience might be nothing is sitting or being stored long term.

Dave75

Dave75

Lifetime Member
Jan 5, 2021
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 520
Same here but I have kept it in 6 gallon cans over winter and in mowers, weed whippers, 4 wheelers, etc.. If I remember I will add some sea foam to all cans and vehicle and equipment tanks in the fall. I never have had a problem doing that and have never had to dump out year old gas because something wouldn't start.
I do not think using ethanol gas with fuel treatment in a Honda Pioneer that is driven 3 or more days a week will hurt. If I were to store the Pioneer over the winter then non-ethanol gas would be the way to go.
I worked on many motorcycle carbs in spring that sat over the winter with ethanol gas.
I do not know if the gas in the motorcycles had fuel treatment or not. Just was told “ran when parked”.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!