P1k Quick Catch Up Guide! Quick specs.

Plumber101010

Plumber101010

Lifetime Member
May 18, 2016
Western NC (Hayesville)
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I forget now but was posted in one of my earlier posts when I was really really new, there's a misprint in the owners manual also to oil capacity. Think it was 6.6 vs 6.1.

No one made mention to it when I said it but I think it's fairly important as if anybody goes off the manual it's going to be off!

I own the 1000 EPS and yes correct, it comes with the paddle shifters and tilt wheel and the 1000 base did not.

That's why the difference in price is $1700. It's not just the EPS steering but the upgrade to paddle shifting and other things as well

Plumber101010

Plumber101010

Lifetime Member
May 18, 2016
Western NC (Hayesville)
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I thought these were really good pics and I don't know if they are anywhere on this website but it was worth posting. I would love to find an area that dumbs down the operation of the 1000.

To say explaining the basic operation and specs versus just listing the specs.

So instead of saying it has a dual clutch, would love to hear that explained. Instead of saying a sub transmission, would love to hear that explained.

Something simple like the engine transfers power to this and when engaged in 4 x 4 it transfers power to that :)

I know it would help me immensely getting a basic understanding of how this thing operates and I'm sure it would help others too who aren't always ready to freely admit they don't have a clue about it.

Not everyone is a mechanic and a lot of times forums have a tendency to assume that everyone is as they start talking about the different mechanical functions and many times I am simply loss!

ButchersHook

ButchersHook

May 13, 2015
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Google "DCT" it will tell ya everything you need to know. And just when you understand it, the next Pioneer will have a seamless transmission. The new Yamaha sport has "Launch control". Electronic suspension is comming etc. etc.. It will evolve faster then you can keep up. This is a forum to discuss the Pioneer line-up not "How an Engine makes power 101"

Plumber101010

Plumber101010

Lifetime Member
May 18, 2016
Western NC (Hayesville)
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Actually, it's entitled 1000 specs. Specs can be defined many different ways. My statement was about the definition of specs vs the listing of for models.

And I'm not suggesting the write up be done on THIS post.

I'm not suggesting to explaining how the engine itself actually operates or what you used, the DCT as a specific example, what I meant to say was how they all work with each other.

Nowhere did I mention that I wanted to understand the operation and virtues of a combustion engine.

My statement wasn't about any specific component but a general undestanding of how all the components work with all the components.

I'm talking about a "general broad layout" so people have a broad understanding of how it generally operates.

Google will not provide that..

Pictures I thought were a great example of the specs listed for each model close up and in real time.

Last edited:
Reactions: SuperDutyJohn
Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I forget now but was posted in one of my earlier posts when I was really really new, there's a misprint in the owners manual also to oil capacity. Think it was 6.6 vs 6.1.

No one made mention to it when I said it but I think it's fairly important as if anybody goes off the manual it's going to be off!

I own the 1000 EPS and yes correct, it comes with the paddle shifters and tilt wheel and the 1000 base did not.

That's why the difference in price is $1700. It's not just the EPS steering but the upgrade to paddle shifting and other things as well
Concerning the misprint in the manual concerning engine oil capacity. My salesman at the dealership told me the same thing! I performed my own service and wanted to verify so I called Honda Corporate! The informed me that there was no misprint and quickly contacted my dealer! They then called me and informed me that the dealer was set straight. So it is my understanding the the owner manual does NOT have a misprint.

Plumber101010

Plumber101010

Lifetime Member
May 18, 2016
Western NC (Hayesville)
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Concerning the misprint in the manual concerning engine oil capacity. My salesman at the dealership told me the same thing! I performed my own service and wanted to verify so I called Honda Corporate! The informed me that there was no misprint and quickly contacted my dealer! They then called me and informed me that the dealer was set straight. So it is my understanding the the owner manual does NOT have a misprint.

Def a misprint. Not home or I take a pic but the specifics are posted here somewhere.

Or you can just look in your manual. It's right there for all to see. I listed the page number.

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
So for the record it stated 6.6 qts for engine oil capacity changing dct & oil filters as opposed to 6.1 with the filters?

Plumber101010

Plumber101010

Lifetime Member
May 18, 2016
Western NC (Hayesville)
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Don't want say going by memory now. But the oil was LESS with both filters than it was with one or no filters. That's was the flag for me!

Believe the liters was correct and conversion to gallons was not. I calculated 6.06 which is 6.1 and they listed as 6.6

Last edited:
Reactions: Eltobgi
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Don't want say going by memory now. But the oil was LESS with both filters than it was with one or no filters. That's was the flag for me!
Believe the liters was correct and conversion to gallons was not. I calculated 6.06 which is 6.1 and they listed as 6.6
Found it. And more discrepancies.

Owners manual Page 147 list 6.08qt for engine filter and oil.
Owners manual in quick reference list 6.8qt for engine filter and oil.
Service manual on page 1-7 list 6.0qt for engine filter and oil.
Sevice manual on page 3-13 list 6.0qt for engine filter and oil.

All list 6.1qt for engine filter, dct filter, and oil change.

I recommend just changing both filters at each change since you are already there and using 6.1qt of oil.

advertisement
Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Found it. And more discrepancies.

Owners manual Page 147 list 6.08qt for engine filter and oil.
Owners manual in quick reference list 6.8qt for engine filter and oil.
Service manual on page 1-7 list 6.0qt for engine filter and oil.
Sevice manual on page 3-13 list 6.0qt for engine filter and oil.

All list 6.1qt for engine filter, dct filter, and oil change.

I recommend just changing both filters at each change since you are already there and using 6.1qt of oil.
Wow! So the dealership was right and the Corporate office was wrong. You would think that Honda would quickly correct these obvious errors and issue free correct replacements.

Has there been any action by Honda to address this?

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Wow! So the dealership was right and the Corporate office was wrong. You would think that Honda would quickly correct these obvious errors and issue free correct replacements.
Has there been any action by Honda to address this?
No, and we never will...
It will be updated without notice if it was caught before the 17 print.

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
No, and we never will...
It will be updated without notice if it was caught before the 17 print.
It would seem that without corrective action Honda would be subjecting themselves to lawsuit if the 6.8 qts were followed you could argue that any engine problem was caused by incorrectly printed information provided in the manual leading to exceeding accurate oil capacity!

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
You'd think... but no.
They have provisions for mis-prints.
Plus, they would then plainly state the fact you are required to check for proper oil level before each adventure.... or some other bs. lol

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
You'd think... but no.
They have provisions for mis-prints.
Plus, they would then plainly state the fact you are required to check for proper oil level before each adventure.... or some other bs. lol
Of Course They Do! Thank you Hondasxs!

Reactions: cschomber63
Plumber101010

Plumber101010

Lifetime Member
May 18, 2016
Western NC (Hayesville)
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Explain to me why some designer doesn't scratch his head and say.... Hmmmm, Oil is sold by the quart. Let's make these things hold an even number of quarts.

ROFLMAO! So very very true. This .1 just irritates me! As IF

Plumber101010

Plumber101010

Lifetime Member
May 18, 2016
Western NC (Hayesville)
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Not sure if this is the proper place to post this or not, if so, mods feel free to move it, but the synthetic made a noticeable difference to me. Quieter, smoother, all-around much improvement.

Reactions: cschomber63
S

Shelly

Lifetime Member
May 10, 2018
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Does anyone know if this is the correct part number for the 2017 p1000-5LE ecu?
38770-HL5-A04. Also, is FI and ECU the same thing?

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
@Shelly who gave u that part #.
No it's wrong. That's for a 500.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Lady01
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!