P500 P500 high compression piston

M

Motoman13

Oct 8, 2023
Indiana
Ownership

1. 500
I found a high compression piston for the p500 from wossner. Takes the stock ratio of 9.5to1 to 10.5to1. I looked around the forum and see no talk of this part yet. Anyone have any insight into this? I’m thinking this will be the way I’ll go. Also thinking about possibly decking the head if there’s enough piston to head clearance, just to help bump compression and increase squish a touch more. Any thoughts or knowledge on such a setup would be appreciated.

Jason W

Jason W

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 17, 2024
Western NC mtns
Ownership

1. 500
Sounds like a ton of work for little pay out, idk.

Then can the rod handle it, will the fuel trim be able to adapt. Modern Internal. Combustion computer controlled engines are best left alone unless your a damn good programmer in my opinioun.

M

Motoman13

Oct 8, 2023
Indiana
Ownership

1. 500
So I should also say I tore it down because I have to do a cam chain replacement and needed to get the cam followers out so they didn’t fall down into the bottom end. Only reason I’m even considering this. I was totally fine with it stock. I just decided since I had it tore down I’d give it a freshen up. It’s a lot of work just getting to the darn chain itself.

DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
So I should also say I tore it down because I have to do a cam chain replacement and needed to get the cam followers out so they didn’t fall down into the bottom end. Only reason I’m even considering this. I was totally fine with it stock. I just decided since I had it tore down I’d give it a freshen up. It’s a lot of work just getting to the darn chain itself.
let us know how the high compression 500 turns out.

there is a reason there are no posts about this setup

Reactions: Buckaroo41
T

TwoTonNewt

Mar 8, 2024
Northwest Arkansas
Ownership

1. 500
How many miles/hours you got on it to need this?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!