P700 Phone work pays off

T

TGinID

Apr 15, 2017
Hinterlands of North Idaho
Ownership

1. 700-4
Hello everyone. I've been lurking for about a month or so. You all have helped us make many decisions about what to buy and how to buy.

Finally pulled the trigger on a 2017 700-4 Camo Deluxe last week. We'll pick it up on Wed. Our closest dealer is about 60 miles away. I spent a day calling all the dealers within a 200 mile radius in 3 states. (There aren't that many.) The range was amazing, over $2000 from high to low. I shopped the best deal (150 miles away) back to the closest dealer (60 miles away) and they matched it. (came down about $525)

I hate eating bugs (we have lots) and getting rained and snowed on. (have lots of that too) We are picking up the split windshield and hard top when we pick up the machine. I figured (after reading about installation on here) that instead of $200 in labor, I could handle the installation myself. We will be adding a winch for sure after a little more research

We have tons of firewood to move, and trees to drag to our band-saw mill from around the property. I'm kind of looking at it as my really expensive wheelbarrow. (and definitely more fun than the tractor) We've been hiking in and out about a half mile to the county road for about a month now because our road goes to crap every spring. It will be nice not to have to drag the groceries behind us in a wagon.

Looking forward to all the new adventures we'll have. Thanks to all of you for the great education that helped us narrow things down. I'm sure I'll be asking questions as we build out our new baby.

Regards,
Tim

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
welcome from Pa

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Glad that you've joined us. Join in the conversation.

Where abouts are you in N. Id?

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I did the same phone shopping before I drove an extra hour and a half to save $2000 over the closer dealers that didn't want to play.

Reactions: Buckshotaz
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Hello everyone. I've been lurking for about a month or so. You all have helped us make many decisions about what to buy and how to buy.

Finally pulled the trigger on a 2017 700-4 Camo Deluxe last week. We'll pick it up on Wed. Our closest dealer is about 60 miles away. I spent a day calling all the dealers within a 200 mile radius in 3 states. (There aren't that many.) The range was amazing, over $2000 from high to low. I shopped the best deal (150 miles away) back to the closest dealer (60 miles away) and they matched it. (came down about $525)

I hate eating bugs (we have lots) and getting rained and snowed on. (have lots of that too) We are picking up the split windshield and hard top when we pick up the machine. I figured (after reading about installation on here) that instead of $200 in labor, I could handle the installation myself. We will be adding a winch for sure after a little more research

We have tons of firewood to move, and trees to drag to our band-saw mill from around the property. I'm kind of looking at it as my really expensive wheelbarrow. (and definitely more fun than the tractor) We've been hiking in and out about a half mile to the county road for about a month now because our road goes to crap every spring. It will be nice not to have to drag the groceries behind us in a wagon.

Looking forward to all the new adventures we'll have. Thanks to all of you for the great education that helped us narrow things down. I'm sure I'll be asking questions as we build out our new baby.

Regards,
Tim

Congrats on the new ride Gin and welcome to the forum. Post us a pic!

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
Can't believe they want $200 to install roof and windshield! Glad you opted to do it yourself, should only take you a few minutes. Welcome and congratulations on your new ride!

Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
Welcome Tim

I love Idaho

Rayrule

Rayrule

Lifetime Member
Apr 1, 2017
Catskills Mts. NY
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome from upstate NY. Hang on to your wallet Tim, these guys on here don't fool around & know how to upgrade their pioneers. There are some very costly ideas, but very good & necessary upgrades. Since I joined I have been putting away a stash that the wife don't know about. Lol.

tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome from Southern Idaho. Enjoy your new ride.

T

TGinID

Apr 15, 2017
Ownership

1. 700-4
041917 home r

Went and picked it up yesterday.

Kept looking in the rear view mirror all the way home thinking "what...have...I...done???"

Roof and windshield install will have to wait for a day when it's not raining bucket loads.Those seem to be hard to come by this Spring.

Reactions: trigger
tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What a awesome looking ride. I hope you enjoy it as much as my family has enjoyed ours. The windshield and roof are very easy to put on and off. I don't know if you know, but the honda accessories usually don't come with instructions, so you can get them at the top of this page under resources. Have fun.

T

TGinID

Apr 15, 2017
Ownership

1. 700-4
They actually printed them out for me. That's a great resource though for future reference. Thanks tjoreo! We are looking forward to getting out in it and putting it to work.

Reactions: Tflynn
K

Kirkl

Jul 13, 2015
E. WA
How much did you pay for just the machine OTD? My cousin is looking for a P700-4. Were in WA state.

T

TGinID

Apr 15, 2017
Ownership

1. 700-4
How much did you pay for just the machine OTD? My cousin is looking for a P700-4. Were in WA state.
I shopped Westside in Spokane. They were the most expensive. The lowest price I found was $13357.00 at Leland's in Kalispell, which Coeur D'Alene Powersports matched. That didn't include tax. ID is 6%. then I added a windshield and hardtop that I installed. (Who the hell wrote the directions for Honda anyway? "secure with a nut" Of course 3 steps later you find out that there are in fact 3 different types of nut and your odds of picking the right nut in the previous step was 1 out of 3.... back up.... re-do.... but I digress) By the time it was over, it was $15357, tax, tag, parts etc.

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I cannot wait to bring my P5 to Idaho!

H

Hoodat

May 26, 2017
North Idaho USA
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I checked this forum to see if anyone is getting prices less than list for 700s. This is the first thread I viewed, and we're even in the same general market area--I live in Onaway, ~70 miles south of Coeur d'Alene. The only dealer I visited (there aren't many) was Spokane Powersports, and they don't seem too inclined to deal. So piggy-backing on your hard phone work, I'm wondering if Coeur D'Alene Powersports will give me the same deal on a 2-seat 700 Deluxe that you got: ~$940 off list + transportation + doc fee if I crunched the numbers right.
Happy Memorial Day weekend! The weather is (finally) great!
Hoodat

T

TGinID

Apr 15, 2017
Ownership

1. 700-4
I'm wondering if Coeur D'Alene Powersports will give me the same deal on a 2-seat 700 Deluxe that you got: ~$940 off list + transportation + doc fee if I crunched the numbers right.
Happy Memorial Day weekend! The weather is (finally) great!
Hoodat

Good luck with that!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!