P700 Pioneer 700 with Can-Am Commander Shocks

G

green02crew

Jan 12, 2015
I went from 11.75 ground clearance to just shy of 15 inches .

Looks correct. Just double check the long shock body is in front and short in the back. Also make sure the preload is turned down all the way. They will most likely settle a bit especially being they’re brand new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1rooster

1rooster

Jul 18, 2017
Fitzgerald Georgia
Ownership

1. 700-4
Looks correct. Just double check the long shock body is in front and short in the back. Also make sure the preload is turned down all the way. They will most likely settle a bit especially being they’re brand new.

Green crew do you know the factory commander spring weight? (137-162?) Also is there a difference between the red, yellow, and black springs?

Last edited:
Reactions: green02crew
1rooster

1rooster

Jul 18, 2017
Fitzgerald Georgia
Ownership

1. 700-4
IMG 6617
IMG 6618

G

green02crew

Jan 12, 2015
Green crew do you know the factory commander spring weight? (137-162?) Also is there a difference between the red, yellow, and black springs?

That’s correct for the front as they are progressive. The rear is 200.

All colors should be the same.

1rooster

1rooster

Jul 18, 2017
Fitzgerald Georgia
Ownership

1. 700-4
That’s correct for the front as they are progressive. The rear is 200.

All colors should be the same.

Okay thanks bud! I did confirm just a little bit ago that they did indeed come off a left over 2015 that was purchased in 2016 standard 2 person commander dps. The shocks were removed at the dealer ship with two miles on them. They have been stored in a box since .

Lynn1130

Lynn1130

Jun 22, 2016
Phoenix, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-4
Please forgive me with these questions but after reading through most of this thread I am sooo confused. I have a 2016 700-4 and have been looking at changing out the shocks. My problem is, I don't know which ones (Can-Am) and what if any mods are needed to make them fit. There is so much info here concerning different shocks and part numbers that I am not sure what to do.

As I understand it the Can-Am shock part numbers are 706200782 for the front and 706000615 for the rear. So if that is correct then my questions are:
1. What, if any, additional parts are needed, or is this a direct swap?
2. I am limited in height because of getting mine into the toyhauler. How much if any height do these add?
3. I really am not interested in spending $1500 or more on a set of shocks but is there something else better than the Can-Am that is not an arm and a leg in cost?

I am sure there will be more questions but any help here for a start would be appreciated.

1rooster

1rooster

Jul 18, 2017
Fitzgerald Georgia
Ownership

1. 700-4
IMG 6626
Please forgive me with these questions but after reading through most of this thread I am sooo confused. I have a 2016 700-4 and have been looking at changing out the shocks. My problem is, I don't know which ones (Can-Am) and what if any mods are needed to make them fit. There is so much info here concerning different shocks and part numbers that I am not sure what to do.

As I understand it the Can-Am shock part numbers are 706200782 for the front and 706000615 for the rear. So if that is correct then my questions are:
1. What, if any, additional parts are needed, or is this a direct swap?
2. I am limited in height because of getting mine into the toyhauler. How much if any height do these add?
3. I really am not interested in spending $1500 or more on a set of shocks but is there something else better than the Can-Am that is not an arm and a leg in cost?

I am sure there will be more questions but any help here for a start would be appreciated.
Yes those part numbers are correct. When installed you will average about 2 to 2.5 inches of lift. The fronts are a direct bolt on. The rears will need new bushings and bushing sleeves to accommodate the larger bolts. Those are easily ordered online or off eBay.

You will have to call johnny at polybushings.com and order the bushings but only takes like 3 min. Ask for a few of the 2056 bushings.

Here's an eBay description to the sleeves. Get the 14mm od, and 1mm wall thickness.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gator
Lynn1130

Lynn1130

Jun 22, 2016
Phoenix, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-4
I see where some are replacing the springs. Is that necessary or are the shocks enough?

advertisement
Lynn1130

Lynn1130

Jun 22, 2016
Phoenix, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-4
1Rooster, the shocks/springs in your post [HASHTAG]#478[/HASHTAG] are in a post for sale on EBay. Or at least it looks like the same post with the shocks and springs on the tailgate of a truck. Did you find that these were the correct ones? I am trying to get a confirmation on part numbers from the seller. I would jump on it if they are correct.

1rooster

1rooster

Jul 18, 2017
Fitzgerald Georgia
Ownership

1. 700-4
1Rooster, the shocks/springs in your post [HASHTAG]#478[/HASHTAG] are in a post for sale on EBay. Or at least it looks like the same post with the shocks and springs on the tailgate of a truck. Did you find that these were the correct ones? I am trying to get a confirmation on part numbers from the seller. I would jump on it if they are correct.
Yes they are mine. I have them listed because they are giving me more lift for my liking and also a little stiffer than my wanting. From my reading they will loosin up and settle once you get some miles on them. (I guess they are to new)I can get some good pics of the numbers in them if your interested. I'm at work tonight but could get them for you

Last edited:
Lynn1130

Lynn1130

Jun 22, 2016
Phoenix, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-4
Like I said in the first post, I have a height situation with the upper bunk in the toyhauler. I have a soft top on the Pioneer so it gives when I pull in but don't want to get so tall that I am bumping the rollbar. With that in mind, are these giving more lift than I could handle? I know that is difficult to tell but I don't want to buy them and find I am not going to be able to install them and get the SXS in the trailer.

How much lift are you getting? I can probably handle 2" if I stick with stock tires.

1rooster

1rooster

Jul 18, 2017
Fitzgerald Georgia
Ownership

1. 700-4
Like I said in the first post, I have a height situation with the upper bunk in the toyhauler. I have a soft top on the Pioneer so it gives when I pull in but don't want to get so tall that I am bumping the rollbar. With that in mind, are these giving more lift than I could handle? I know that is difficult to tell but I don't want to buy them and find I am not going to be able to install them and get the SXS in the trailer.

How much lift are you getting? I can probably handle 2" if I stick with stock tires.
I Gaines 3 inches. You may have to pass on these and get a set that is "more used". I would love to sell these to you but I don't think you could fit if your running short on height.

snowmanearle

snowmanearle

May 6, 2018
Happy valley goose bay
Ownership

1. 700-4
I just did the can am shock swap on my 700.......the tires look a little toed in ? Did anyone else do this mod? If so did u have to adjust your tie rods etc ?

Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
It is possible that they could affect Camber. I don't see how it could affect Toe. Is it possible that you just never noticed that you needed an adjustment?

Nevertheless, You can adjust Toe very easily. I found that my tie-rods were not locked (the nuts were loose) and spent about 45 minutes getting it perfect.

SundayRdr

SundayRdr

Mar 1, 2016
McMinville Tn
Don't forget that the pioneer 1ooo shocks will also fit the 7oo's and improvements all the way around. Seems easier to find the pioneer 1ooo shocks and don't forget RB3OFFROAD sells the machined sleeves for the swap which I believe work on both the commander and pioneer 1ooo shocks.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!