P1000 Securing your side by side

A

allanteman

Jan 11, 2022
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Great idea......just ordered one. I live on the side of a hill and the winch on my ATV will drag it in park if you don't set the parking brake. With the 1000 I can operate the winch from inside with my foot on the brake just in case, but I was trying to figure out what to do if I was using the remote. Thanks!

Reactions: Lady01 and Buggyman
T

tmbrcruizr

Dec 19, 2022
Louisiana
Ownership

1. Talon X LV
Won’t using an air tag like this alert their iPhone that they are being tracked?
It is my understanding that the AirTag when separated from owner’s phone will not send a notification to the person it is traveling with for a couple of hours of being connected to their iPhone. Otherwise our iPhones would blow up with notifications every time we were within 33’ of an AirTag
Remove the speaker to make it a little bit harder to find, might buy you another hour.
Won’t using an air tag like this alert their iPhone that they are being tracked?

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
A quick hint to make installing the Hillbilly Brake much easier. Use a spot of Super Glue to attach the washer to the nut X 2. That way you can slide the washer and nut up inside the mechanism with one finger and they stay aligned so you can start the bolts in from the sides.

Reactions: WagginTail
D

Dasmoeturhead

The Hillbilly Brake is a great addition. Use mine all rhe time on our steep property. Being able to lock it is nice also. It's nice to be able to take the pressure off the gear under load. No more BANG! when taking it out of park on a hill.
Oh, and I carry this for 2 legged varmints,

Resized 20221122 152313

Reactions: Robobrainiac
advertisement
K

kyrider1000

Oct 4, 2022
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-3
The Hillbilly Brake is a great addition. Use mine all rhe time on our steep property. Being able to lock it is nice also. It's nice to be able to take the pressure off the gear under load. No more BANG! when taking it out of park on a hill.
Oh, and I carry this for 2 legged varmints,

View attachment 386507
Just curious as to where you got your switch plate on your dash at ?

cntryby

cntryby

May 27, 2019
southeast
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I just put Roscoes bed in the back. 130lb Cane Corso generally moves people down the road to an easier mark.

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If you're looking for a dashplate for switches, voltmeters, radios and such, check out PBR Products. All kinds of different configurations.

This is the one I bought. Not perfect, but not bad:

View attachment 386680

I personally won't buy a product emblazoned with a company logo that can't easily be removed. And won't do business with PBR as they had incorrect advertising on eBay for their split windshield adjuster. Wouldn't fit/function properly when their ad said it would. The refused to give me a complete refund when it was their error. PBR = Poor Bad Review.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
I personally won't buy a product emblazoned with a company logo that can't easily be removed. And won't do business with PBR as they had incorrect advertising on eBay for their split windshield adjuster. Wouldn't fit/function properly when their ad said it would. The refused to give me a complete refund when it was their error. PBR = Poor Bad Review.
I've had zero issues with mine and am completely satisfied with it. Meh.

Reactions: Smitty335
bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've had zero issues with mine and am completely satisfied with it. Meh.
They changed their ad copy to exclude the '21 SE that came standard with OEM split windshield. When I purchased from them, the ad said it fit all '21 w/split windshield.

That would'a been no harm no foul IF they refunded all my money as the error was theirs . . . they refused to do so. If you're a wise business person, you don't treat customers like that. PBR, did not do right by me.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!