Stirling

Lifetime Member
May 27, 2018
Tiny ON
Ownership

1. 700-4
Hi guys,
So this is my first official post,:)
Had my 700 a couple weeks now, been enjoying the trails around my home in Ontario.

Got stuck in a very deep hole when following friends so decided to snorkel my rig and replace the stock tires.

I'm putting the tires on today. I tried looking for detailed description of snorkelling these rigs but there is not alot out there for the new 700's.

I ended up cutting the original pipe from the airbox and using a 2" rubber connector to attach to my 2" frankensnorkel.

It runs nicely under the seat and just in front of the passenger seatbelt tortioner. Stays inside the cage for protection.

I put a screen end on the head.
Runs awesome, no issues with airflow.
Enjoy the pics.

Paul.
20180526 154342
20180526 154353

20180526 161627
20180526 162349
20180526 165032
20180526 163801
20180526 154353
20180526 165100
20180526 154342
20180526 165032
20180526 162410
20180526 162349
20180526 162340
20180526 161627
20180526 164629
20180526 164153
IMG 20180524 WA0000
20180526 163801

Rinconruss

Rinconruss

Jan 10, 2018
Lakeland Florida
Ownership

1. 700-2
If you ride in areas with water, a snorkel is mandatory. MANDITORY! Don't do what I did and put it off until later. Do it now! I snorkeled mine but unfortunately it was after I needed it. Ya'll be smart like Sirling and snorkel your rides! With a little patients, planning and a few beers you can do this yourself.

Don't forget to also extend the diff vents, fuel tank vents and the radiator fan vent. If you spend any time in water, riding or stuck, water will find its way into these places.

I will try to find the pics of my install.

Stirling

Stirling

Lifetime Member
May 27, 2018
Tiny ON
Ownership

1. 700-4
If you ride in areas with water, a snorkel is mandatory. MANDITORY! Don't do what I did and put it off until later. Do it now! I snorkeled mine but unfortunately it was after I needed it. Ya'll be smart like Sirling and snorkel your rides! With a little patients, planning and a few beers you can do this yourself.

Don't forget to also extend the diff vents, fuel tank vents and the radiator fan vent. If you spend any time in water, riding or stuck, water will find its way into these places.

I will try to find the pics of my install.
Yes, vents done! 28" Mayhems are going on next.

Rinconruss

Rinconruss

Jan 10, 2018
Lakeland Florida
Ownership

1. 700-2
I was able to replace he entire intake and didn't have to cut the stock one. A regular 2" coupler and a half of rubber coupler fits the airbox coupler.

The hardest part was getting the tight turn up from the airbox. 2 small sweep male to female elbows and a 6 1/4" straight pipe and it fits perfectly. 2 more small sweep elbows and we are on to the straight section behind the seat. This is a good place for a rubber coupler so the system can be removed easier.

You may notice a few sharpie marks where the elbows join. This is a great way to dry fit and mark them so you can glue them back in the exact same position.

For the breather tubes you will need:
1/4 tubing
3/8 tubing
1/4 plastic couplers (found by the sprinkler system parts at Lowes)
11" black pull ties
14" black pull ties
4 hours of quality garage time

Unplug the front diff vent from the frame. You will find it just above the radiator fan.
Remove the plastic coupler that had plugged into the frame. (I had to cut mine off)
Route the tube through the hole where the shifter cables come through.

Pull the loose end of the cooling fan tube out of the hole that points it down and out of the 2 slide clips that hold it to the fan shroud.
Plug the new 1/4' couplers into the current diff vent and fan vent.
Run your new 1/4' tubing under the fender well and under the rectangular frame piece at the base of the dash.
A few pull ties to keep everything neat.

The rear diff vent is just like the front one. It plugs into the frame near the shock tower on the passenger side. Make sure you have enough tube to run all the way to the top of the snorkel. I didn't cut mine off yet. Just tossed the roll up on the roof and cut it after getting everything run. If you have a 700-4 you will have to be a little creative running this vent line.

The fuel tank vent is a little more difficult. There is probably an easier way to do this but in order to get pull ties on it and keep it from flopping around, I removed both sides of the seat tray. I also had to remove the seat back to get the passenger side tray out. Pull the battery, unplug the computer, disconnect both sided of the solenoid, unplug the green plug, cut the wire tie clip, etc.

The original fuel tank vent comes off the fuel pickup housing and runs towards the passenger side, up then back towards the center of the cab, just under the front seat frame.

Use the original hose clamp to attach the new 3/8" tube to the fuel vent connector. If you have a new hose clamp, use it. The new tubing is a little smaller than the original so I took my pliers and bent them in just a little. I didn't want to run to Lowes for a 3rd time today.. Run the tube in the same path that the original one took but instead of running across the front, go down the side frame. You need to leave a little slack so the seat tray with all the electronics can fit back in. Run the tube out the back and toss the roll on the roof. You don't want to cut it yet.

With a little patients you can run the 2 vent tubes through the trim behind the seat and bring them out just under the intake tube. My partial OCD had me screwing around with these 2 tubes for about 2 hours trying to get the straight and not twisting around. I ran them behind the intake tube, just next to the roll bar and pull tied them to the intake tube and used electrical tape at the very top.

700 1 700 2 700 3 700 4 700 5 700 6 700 7 700 8 700 9 700 10 700 11 700 12 700 13 700 14 700 15 700 16 700 17 700 18 700 19

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Welcome to the forum
Yes Snorkel is great,I haven't had to clean my air cleaner since, and before it was every other ride.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I was able to replace he entire intake and didn't have to cut the stock one. A regular 2" coupler and a half of rubber coupler fits the airbox coupler.

The hardest part was getting the tight turn up from the airbox. 2 small sweep male to female elbows and a 6 1/4" straight pipe and it fits perfectly. 2 more small sweep elbows and we are on to the straight section behind the seat. This is a good place for a rubber coupler so the system can be removed easier.

You may notice a few sharpie marks where the elbows join. This is a great way to dry fit and mark them so you can glue them back in the exact same position.

For the breather tubes you will need:
1/4 tubing
3/8 tubing
1/4 plastic couplers (found by the sprinkler system parts at Lowes)
11" black pull ties
14" black pull ties
4 hours of quality garage time

Unplug the front diff vent from the frame. You will find it just above the radiator fan.
Remove the plastic coupler that had plugged into the frame. (I had to cut mine off)
Route the tube through the hole where the shifter cables come through.

Pull the loose end of the cooling fan tube out of the hole that points it down and out of the 2 slide clips that hold it to the fan shroud.
Plug the new 1/4' couplers into the current diff vent and fan vent.
Run your new 1/4' tubing under the fender well and under the rectangular frame piece at the base of the dash.
A few pull ties to keep everything neat.

The rear diff vent is just like the front one. It plugs into the frame near the shock tower on the passenger side. Make sure you have enough tube to run all the way to the top of the snorkel. I didn't cut mine off yet. Just tossed the roll up on the roof and cut it after getting everything run. If you have a 700-4 you will have to be a little creative running this vent line.

The fuel tank vent is a little more difficult. There is probably an easier way to do this but in order to get pull ties on it and keep it from flopping around, I removed both sides of the seat tray. I also had to remove the seat back to get the passenger side tray out. Pull the battery, unplug the computer, disconnect both sided of the solenoid, unplug the green plug, cut the wire tie clip, etc.

The original fuel tank vent comes off the fuel pickup housing and runs towards the passenger side, up then back towards the center of the cab, just under the front seat frame.

Use the original hose clamp to attach the new 3/8" tube to the fuel vent connector. If you have a new hose clamp, use it. The new tubing is a little smaller than the original so I took my pliers and bent them in just a little. I didn't want to run to Lowes for a 3rd time today.. Run the tube in the same path that the original one took but instead of running across the front, go down the side frame. You need to leave a little slack so the seat tray with all the electronics can fit back in. Run the tube out the back and toss the roll on the roof. You don't want to cut it yet.

With a little patients you can run the 2 vent tubes through the trim behind the seat and bring them out just under the intake tube. My partial OCD had me screwing around with these 2 tubes for about 2 hours trying to get the straight and not twisting around. I ran them behind the intake tube, just next to the roll bar and pull tied them to the intake tube and used electrical tape at the very top.

View attachment 77095 View attachment 77096 View attachment 77097 View attachment 77098 View attachment 77099 View attachment 77100 View attachment 77101 View attachment 77102 View attachment 77103 View attachment 77104 View attachment 77105 View attachment 77106 View attachment 77107 View attachment 77108 View attachment 77109 View attachment 77110 View attachment 77111 View attachment 77112 View attachment 77113
The air is going to be so confused by the time it get to your motor! HA! Looks great!

Deluxe700

Deluxe700

Lifetime Member
Jul 2, 2017
Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
Snorkel is a great addition... as @swsebek really helps in getting clean air. I don't use mine as a boat, but I was getting a lot of dust with the stock setup. Now with my snorkel up high it can really suck in clean air. I extended all the vent lines at the same time as well.
Welcome to the Club..from Central Arkansas.

Stirling

Stirling

Lifetime Member
May 27, 2018
Tiny ON
Ownership

1. 700-4
So went on a biggish run through some mixed trails up here in Ontario, snorkel worked awesome, there were no deep holes or water to worry about but I checked the air filter and it's clean as a whistle! Despite the fact that the trails were pretty dusty in places. An unexpected bonus.. the sound coming from it was really nice, a happy growl is how I would describe it! Here's a little video of one of the longer stretches, you can hear the snort. The 28"mayhems worked awesome also, no rubbing at all!

advertisement
S

Shadmejean1

Dec 5, 2018
Indiana
Ownership

1. 700-4
Hi guys,
So this is my first official post,:)
Had my 700 a couple weeks now, been enjoying the trails around my home in Ontario.

Got stuck in a very deep hole when following friends so decided to snorkel my rig and replace the stock tires.

I'm putting the tires on today. I tried looking for detailed description of snorkelling these rigs but there is not alot out there for the new 700's.

I ended up cutting the original pipe from the airbox and using a 2" rubber connector to attach to my 2" frankensnorkel.

It runs nicely under the seat and just in front of the passenger seatbelt tortioner. Stays inside the cage for protection.

I put a screen end on the head.
Runs awesome, no issues with airflow.
Enjoy the pics.

Paul.
View attachment 77052 View attachment 77050
View attachment 77057 View attachment 77055 View attachment 77053 View attachment 77061 View attachment 77050 View attachment 77051 View attachment 77052 View attachment 77053 View attachment 77054 View attachment 77055 View attachment 77056 View attachment 77057 View attachment 77058 View attachment 77059 View attachment 77060 View attachment 77061

S

Shadmejean1

Dec 5, 2018
Indiana
Ownership

1. 700-4
Love ur snorkel. Did u have to cut any of your pioneer to make it fit behind the seats ? Looks like it will be tight.

J

Jmurr513

Dec 16, 2018
Ownership

1. 700-4
Hey guys just got my 2019 pioneer 700-4 A week ago and love it already started snorkeling the diff vents and fan and gas vent. But besides those and the air filter is there anything else that should be raised up to keep from water getting in? Thanks for the help.

Reactions: swsebek
L

LADucks

Jul 19, 2018
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-4
There is also a vent tube that comes of the radiator fan that needs to be run.

This is an excellent thread. I'll be doing this shortly but I believe I'll be trying to run mine within the cage. I'm trying to make a parts list for a Lowe's trip, how much of each tubing for the vent lines is needed?

K

Keelarr

Dec 21, 2020
Florida
Ownership

1. 700-4
I am on board with all this as I live in Florida and everything is underwater lol. My question is, in reference to removing part of the original airbox, did it effect how it runs as far as air fuel mix? I know on some vehicles, the air boxes also help regulate air fuel mixture and throttle response. They also often help keep it from sounding like a race engine. Have you noticed any change in sound or other stuff I mentioned?

Glock21user

Glock21user

" Nothing succeeds like excess "
Lifetime Member
Dec 16, 2018
Livingston county, Mi.
Ownership

1. 700-4
I ran a snorkel on mine, albeit very different and have noticed zero negative effects.
As many people as there are on this forum you will find as many variations just piece something together and if it needs to be changed it is pvc cut it and change it.
Pvc is cheap enough you could cut it apart everyday and try new ideas.

K

Keelarr

Dec 21, 2020
Florida
Ownership

1. 700-4
I spent more on the clamps and couplers than I did the pvc lol under 30 bucks total including the black paint, I just want to know if removing the stock airbox will change engine performance and operation. By "airbox" I mean the existing air tube/snorkle.

Last edited:
Reactions: Glock21user
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!