P700 Snorkel on new pioneer 700/4

K

Keelarr

Dec 21, 2020
Florida
Ownership

1. 700-4
I'm nopt trying to get rid of it, I want to snorkle the machine but every thing I see replaces it. I have no problem using the PVC set up as shown, but it replaces the airbox. Some say it runs different after, some say it's fine. I'm looking for input of both sides.

K

Keelarr

Dec 21, 2020
Florida
Ownership

1. 700-4
The existing air tube/snorkle comeing from the airbox has cavities that smooth the acceleration and if it is similar to an automobile, it also changes the sound.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
No idea what a 700 set up looks like but you shouldn't be replacing the air box.Just the intake portion before it. Just cut the intake pipe, install a Fernco and take off with your PVC. Those cavities do reduce the noise but if you run your tip outside of the cab it shouldn't be an issue. The only other advice I'd give is not to reduce the size of the pipe.

Reactions: TripleB
Glock21user

Glock21user

" Nothing succeeds like excess "
Lifetime Member
Dec 16, 2018
Livingston county, Mi.
Ownership

1. 700-4
I spent more on the clamps and couplers than I did the pvc lol under 30 bucks total including the black paint, I just want to know if removing the stock airbox will change engine performance and operation. By "airbox" I mean the existing air tube/snorkle.
No not at all.

Glock21user

Glock21user

" Nothing succeeds like excess "
Lifetime Member
Dec 16, 2018
Livingston county, Mi.
Ownership

1. 700-4
Leave the actual air box and plug the original intake opening and blew a hole in the back with a 2" hole saw and off I went.
Stop worrying and start cutting it is so worth it.
And post lots of pics.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!