P1000m5 So, I almost killed my pioneer.

Pioneer_Jake

Pioneer_Jake

Aug 29, 2016
Lima Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
First and only. I hit that same hole last year with my Polaris and it was only half as deep then. I would definitely say I got lucky!
I just made the big switch from an XP 1000 to a new pioneer 1000. What is your honest opinion? To be honest I was pretty disappointed with the amount of issues my Polaris had. I'm hoping the Honda exceeds my expectations.

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just made the big switch from an XP 1000 to a new pioneer 1000. What is your honest opinion? To be honest I was pretty disappointed with the amount of issues my Polaris had. I'm hoping the Honda exceeds my expectations.

You won't be disappointed. I knew better than to hit that mud hole that fast. My XP 850 had to dry out too after hitting that hole and soaked the belt.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

Welcome to the forum. We are glad to have you.

My honest opinion is that no machine is perfect but this Pioneer is the best fit for play and utility work. Expect to hear some gear whine and clunky shifts but they will smooth out as it breaks in. Also, a gear oil change will smooth out that gear noise. I've got to mention that this machine is super quite so you may more easily hear gear noises and such. Also be prepared for some engine heat that comes up from the seat but that can be fixed easily and cheaply.

Hang around, we're glad you're here.

SIGNATURE:
CumminsPusher quote: Boredom + Pioneer = trouble for me. I can't stop. Damn these things guys. I thank god I'm not the only one though. If it's just you then you're crazy if it's a group it's a sport!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Any machine has a couple issues Honda has the least. Water sucks (snorkel it!) but if someone's use to belt you'll definitely have no problems.

Sent from iPhone

Reactions: moparornocar
LapZ

LapZ

Feb 27, 2016
Illinois
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. 1000-5
It's been great about 450 miles on it so far, they are street legal in my town so it gets used daily. Hoping to take it to wisconsin sometime this year if I ever get my pickup ready for the drive. After being fixated on reading about problems on this forum it was good to hear a good recommendation from someone who had put it through it paces.
Where ya from in central Illinois? I'm in north central, Dixon, Il. We go up to Monroe, WI a lot and ride. the trails aren't aggressive but a lot of bars along the way..

Reactions: JTW
Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I've swamped some quads that bad a few times. I always drain the oil and put diesel in. I turn it over a few times then drain (sometimes repeat) and fill with cheap oil. Run it a bit. Then Good oil. Diesel does a good job of collecting the water compared to oil (imho) It also cleans up any other crap that could've gotten In there. Lastly when you drain it diesel flows faster out the hole to carry any debris with it. Just don't do it with gasoline. Diesel has lubricant qualities to it and the residual won't hurt your oil Any like gas will. It also works great if you're ever cleaning up an old diff. full of sludge. Just my 2 cents. Glad you didn't kill it buddy.

I'd be heartbroken if a Polaris ever pulled me out. Keep that on the DL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've swamped some quads that bad a few times. I always drain the oil and put diesel in. I turn it over a few times then drain (sometimes repeat) and fill with cheap oil. Run it a bit. Then Good oil. Diesel does a good job of collecting the water compared to oil (imho) It also cleans up any other crap that could've gotten In there. Lastly when you drain it diesel flows faster out the hole to carry any debris with it. Just don't do it with gasoline. Diesel has lubricant qualities to it and the residual won't hurt your oil Any like gas will. It also works great if you're ever cleaning up an old diff. full of sludge. Just my 2 cents. Glad you didn't kill it buddy.

I'd be heartbroken if a Polaris ever pulled me out. Keep that on the DL

It's all good. His is approaching 1k miles and the motor mounts are already giving up and the shifter has gotten stiff and hard to pull. I'm trying to talk him into a pioneer or waiting til 18 for Honda to introduce their sport sxs

Reactions: sharp
advertisement
Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
It's all good. His is approaching 1k miles and the motor mounts are already giving up and the shifter has gotten stiff and hard to pull. I'm trying to talk him into a pioneer or waiting til 18 for Honda to introduce their sport sxs

I know buddy just razzin ya. Bring him to the light.

Reactions: moparornocar
Sjc3081

Sjc3081

Jan 16, 2017
Wappinger NY
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Why would you abuse your machine like that. I assume you an adult and not 13 year old poser. They body parts were not built to take the pressure of hitting water at 35mph. I would imagine your wheel well liners are torn and other little connecting points are broken. If you weren't wearing your seat belt I'm sure you would have been ejected

Reactions: JTW
moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Why would you abuse your machine like that. I assume you an adult and not 13 year old poser. They body parts were not built to take the pressure of hitting water at 35mph. I would imagine your wheel well liners are torn and other little connecting points are broken. If you weren't wearing your seat belt I'm sure you would have been ejected
You must not know me bro, I care for and maintain my equipment to the tenth degree. I hit that same hole a year before on my quad, didn't realize the bottom had been wallered out. And the only damage the machine sustained was a bent to s*** license plate. And idk, @Plumber32 @Montecresto am I a 13 year old poser?:rolleyes::D:D:D

Sjc3081

Sjc3081

Jan 16, 2017
Wappinger NY
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm not your Bro, but you didn't clearly post is was an accident. Mistakes are made I'm glad your machine wasn't damaged more severely. My apologies for insult but your reckless behavior made my suspect extreme youth and maybe your just posting about daddies machine. If I'm wrong I apologize.

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm not your Bro, but you didn't clearly post is was an accident. Mistakes are made I'm glad your machine wasn't damaged more severely. My apologies for insult but your reckless behavior made my suspect extreme youth and maybe your just posting about daddies machine. If I'm wrong I apologize.
Wow. I can't even get my dad to buy me a beer. Since you seem concerned I am 35 with 4 kids and a wife. I own a small trucking company and pay for my s*** all by my big boy self....broo_O

O

oilslick

May 4, 2016
central illinois
Where ya from in central Illinois? I'm in north central, Dixon, Il. We go up to Monroe, WI a lot and ride. the trails aren't aggressive but a lot of bars along the way..
30 miles north of bloomington, just drove through Dixon on the way to galena. Nice area. I am hoping to get up to some wi. Trails this summer.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!