Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
As the years continue to weep by Honda has yet to product a sport SxS to compete with... with... Well, with anything actually. But is that time drawing near? Does bigH have a gold nugget up their sleeve that will finally deliver the Honda Sport Side by Side we all have dreamed of? If the planets finally do align and the side by side gods deliver, one thing is for sure. I hope it doesn't look like this! lol.

But until then, Here is a sneak peak of a new patent drawing discovered by user @chancesemar89 showing what appears to be a new design from Honda. Though this patent is mainly focused on the door hinges it provides some insight on what could be coming.

You can find the full patents attached below.
Untitled 1

Untitled 11
Untitled 13
Untitled 12png

Attachments

• US9856683B1.pdf
    236.4 KB · Views: 952
Last edited:
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Yeah I agree, but that rendering could give the Little Tikes Cozy Coupe a run for its money in the looks department lol
All joking aside it's good to see at least some hope that they're in the works on something new.
Bhahaha omg that’s funny! I’ll agree hopefully it doesn’t look like that but I’m pretty positive it won’t

H

HondaTech

The patent filing is for the door hinge. The rest was probably thrown together to give the drawing something to attach there idea too.

Looks like the doors would be suicide operation if I looked at the 1st drawing the right way. Similar to some RZR doors.

I do like seeing bucket seats, but if I remember correctly the rendering for the P1K patent also showed buckets and they never materialized.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
The patent filing is for the door hinge. The rest was probably thrown together to give the drawing something to attach there idea too.

Looks like the doors would be suicide operation if I looked at the 1st drawing the right way. Similar to some RZR doors.

I do like seeing bucket seats, but if I remember correctly the rendering for the P1K patent also showed buckets and they never materialized.
Lol. Yep. Dont let the patent designers fool us. Haha.
Same with the bucket seats. It was just a canvas for the bucket seat patent.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using The Honda SxS Club! mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Reactions: pct and lee
A

Average_Joe

Aug 19, 2016
Gainesville, Fl
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
From the Ms Paint quality rendering it looks like quarter doors. I hope to God Honda doesn't go the way of Polaris with shoddy quarter doors. That was my biggest selling point with the Pioneer for me.

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looks like a cartoon to me....but maybe I’ll wait a little while before buying a P1000. Hopefully it’ll look better than that Scooby Doo’s Mystery Machine.....
Btw I’m too big for cartoons....passed that stage a few years ago.

Last edited:
advertisement
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
We weren't supposed to say anything, but @Remington , @trigger and I got some prototype Talons a few months ago. As you would expect, Trigger wasted no time customizing his.

View attachment 61204
Trigger is much hotter then I had assumed. Our future conversations will be much different!

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
In my best Bruce Jenner voice “Don’t trigger @trigger , HeShe may get offended. Remember boys and girls TLGBTFQZEBRA are accepted everywhere and we shouldn’t judge. Her Skid plates are really just factory thin, so be nice.” BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Last edited:
LandPioneer

LandPioneer

Lifetime Member
Aug 22, 2016
Lebanon TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
I'm hopeful they come out with a Sport soon. I'm basically using my Pioneer solely for trail riding. I've done about everything possible to make it more trail worthy. I love the bed and dependability but I also need long travel suspension and bucket seats. I just wish they'd let us know what the heck their plan is. If they are making a Sport, I want to wait and see what they have to offer. If not, I want to move on to something else that more suits my current riding style.

H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
Honda completed the SC factory expansion late last year. American Honda just announced they will expand the Side by Side line up this year. With all the patents in the last few years we know about the bucket seats, at least a 4 point harness, 3 and 5 link suspension, etc. Its going to be an interesting year and there isn't much doubt the line up will include sport models.

LandPioneer

LandPioneer

Lifetime Member
Aug 22, 2016
Lebanon TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
Honda completed the SC factory expansion late last year. American Honda just announced they will expand the Side by Side line up this year. With all the patents in the last few years we know about the bucket seats, at least a 4 point harness, 3 and 5 link suspension, etc. Its going to be an interesting year and there isn't much doubt the line up will include sport models.
I hope so... I'm tired of getting strung along. If they don't come out with something this year, I'm going to end up going a route that I really don't want to go Lol.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!