1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Good luck either way @oilslick

jj88

jj88

Apr 20, 2016
Colorado
Yeah, plan to sell outright but I would also lose sales tax .hmmmm?
I got my Honda P1000-5 Deluxe about 3 weeks ago, had it out once so far, at about 9500-10000 ft above sea level, mtn trails in Colorado, I have to say, it was absolutely flawless as far as engine, shifting, power, ease of driving, turnaround, used both paddle and auto mode, 2wd, 4wd, only about 125 miles so far. Its going in for 1st service, and after that I should be good to go for the summer. If there are or will be any clutch problems, I had no indication of it on this 1st ride. You do hear a bit of trans. whine, yes, but you can also have a conversation with your passenger at normal voice at up to 30 mph or more, because the engine is so quiet, the only thing in your way might be wind noise. I've ridden in many Rzrs, you have to raise your voice considerably. As for engine heat, it actually came in quite handy, as it was only on mid 40s to 50 during most of our rides. I can see it getting maybe getting annoying when its 80 or above, but there are very simple, inexpensive fixes for that. I hauled all of the firewood, as I could easily get to it, and didn't need 40 acres to turn around (like Jackal says lol), I could also carry a 5th passenger, which came in quite handy for kid's friends. The main reason at 1st that I went with Honda, to be honest, is was the only 4 or more passenger sxs that fits in my toyhauler. Back that up with Honda quality, I never really gave any other sxs a thought. No, its not as smooth or sporty as a rzr, its not intended to be, the Pioneer is really in a class of its own, in my opinion, and yes, you will have to spend some extra $$ on accessories, such as tail gate extender if you need it, roof, window, etc. I personally would never even consider anything at this price unless I had extra cash for extra things. Honda is no different than any other mfg'r, they build it to a certain point and its up to owner to make it their own. Over all I am very very pleased. I have had Polaris and Suzuki quads in the past, so I cant really compare the Honda with any other sxs's other than one I have rode in. But, if you need opinions to help make your choice, I would highly recommend the Honda. If you use it as its intended, read and follow the manual, you should have a sxs you can enjoy for many years, with low maintenance.

O

oilslick

May 4, 2016
central illinois
I got my Honda P1000-5 Deluxe about 3 weeks ago, had it out once so far, at about 9500-10000 ft above sea level, mtn trails in Colorado, I have to say, it was absolutely flawless as far as engine, shifting, power, ease of driving, turnaround, used both paddle and auto mode, 2wd, 4wd, only about 125 miles so far. Its going in for 1st service, and after that I should be good to go for the summer. If there are or will be any clutch problems, I had no indication of it on this 1st ride. You do hear a bit of trans. whine, yes, but you can also have a conversation with your passenger at normal voice at up to 30 mph or more, because the engine is so quiet, the only thing in your way might be wind noise. I've ridden in many Rzrs, you have to raise your voice considerably. As for engine heat, it actually came in quite handy, as it was only on mid 40s to 50 during most of our rides. I can see it getting maybe getting annoying when its 80 or above, but there are very simple, inexpensive fixes for that. I hauled all of the firewood, as I could easily get to it, and didn't need 40 acres to turn around (like Jackal says lol), I could also carry a 5th passenger, which came in quite handy for kid's friends. The main reason at 1st that I went with Honda, to be honest, is was the only 4 or more passenger sxs that fits in my toyhauler. Back that up with Honda quality, I never really gave any other sxs a thought. No, its not as smooth or sporty as a rzr, its not intended to be, the Pioneer is really in a class of its own, in my opinion, and yes, you will have to spend some extra $$ on accessories, such as tail gate extender if you need it, roof, window, etc. I personally would never even consider anything at this price unless I had extra cash for extra things. Honda is no different than any other mfg'r, they build it to a certain point and its up to owner to make it their own. Over all I am very very pleased. I have had Polaris and Suzuki quads in the past, so I cant really compare the Honda with any other sxs's other than one I have rode in. But, if you need opinions to help make your choice, I would highly recommend the Honda. If you use it as its intended, read and follow the manual, you should have a sxs you can enjoy for many years, with low maintenance.

O

oilslick

May 4, 2016
central illinois
Bought one,wow is it cool. Definitely in a different leage. This thing feels stable at 60mph! Kinda annoying gear train noise but it's only noticed because engine is quiet. Seat got warm ,not too hot. Going to add screen roof and windshield. Also ordered cup holders. Got it for 17500 out the door with tax 1k5 deeeeelux. Thanks for headsin me up on your experience. Hope the trans holds up, love how quick it downshifts. Eager to break in and attempt wheelie!
I test drove a Teryx crew, no comparison for me. Engine vibrated so bad

ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
The Teryx definately has alot of engine noise, but they are actually a really tough machine. Life is good if a person doesn't have to drive a Polaris or
Arctic Cat I always say. :D
My honda dealer took an Arctic Cat on trade in October (not from me). Today I noticed its still sitting there.
Hard to sell a cat surrounded by pioneers... Even worse if it was Polaris.

Reactions: Stauvo and joeymt33

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!