Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Hey guys, a pair of used Elka Stage 3 came up for sale which is rare up here, they came off a 1000-5. I have a 1000-3. Will they fit? and are they okay for use on a 1000-3?

Thanks
Depending on the weight, the spring rate might be a little different but they will physically fit.

T

Tincan

Oct 1, 2017
British Columbia, Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Okay that's what I was looking for, just to know they fit.... and the spring rate......I would think it would be different as the 1000-5 is a bit heavier. The reason I ask as the elka shows two different SKU numbers for the 5 and the 3 so they must be different in some way.

Well thank for the replies and if anybody else has anything else I'm all ears.

Reactions: Smitty335 and TxDoc
Mopower58

Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Okay that's what I was looking for, just to know they fit.... and the spring rate......I would think it would be different as the 1000-5 is a bit heavier. The reason I ask as the elka shows two different SKU numbers for the 5 and the 3 so they must be different in some way.

Well thank for the replies and if anybody else has anything else I'm all ears.
Some of the P1K-5's had auto leveling rear shocks. The different part numbers are probably for the different spring rates.

Reactions: TxDoc
advertisement
Mopower58

Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Okay, good to know, not having known anything from the stocks, would I be missing out on anything that would make up for me getting the ones for my 1000-3???
No, you could probably use the same front Springs depending on front bumper,winch, and if it has dual batteries. If the weights of the P1K-5 and P1K-3 are pretty close you could bolt them on and ride.

S

Scrappapotamus

The Scrappapotamus
Lifetime Member
Nov 2, 2022
Midway KY
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R

4. Talon R LV
They're going to be miles ahead of what you're currently running, I have stage 5 shocks on my P1K-5 and night and day difference when the machine was new. Buy them, install them and pat yourself on the back before someone else scores them.

T

Tincan

Oct 1, 2017
British Columbia, Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Okay, sounds about right different part numbers for the slight difference in weights and spring rate which I just looked up. I'll ask about what was on the machine but can't see it having to much added as there is just not the many 1000's up here and mod's would be rare. It's all Polaris for the most part in this area. Thanks for your input guys, it's 2 hours to where they are so, see what I can do and go from there. Thanks again.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Okay that's what I was looking for, just to know they fit.... and the spring rate......I would think it would be different as the 1000-5 is a bit heavier. The reason I ask as the elka shows two different SKU numbers for the 5 and the 3 so they must be different in some way
To easly get your answers just call Elka direct and they can tell you specifics.
On paper they should work tho

On a side note dont for get to hit reply when replying to someones question and when using there name type @Tincan or they may never know your responding to them.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Okay, sounds about right different part numbers for the slight difference in weights and spring rate which I just looked up. I'll ask about what was on the machine but can't see it having to much added as there is just not the many 1000's up here and mod's would be rare. It's all Polaris for the most part in this area. Thanks for your input guys, it's 2 hours to where they are so, see what I can do and go from there. Thanks again.
Bring one of your shocks with, if the lengths are close to the same you're in. Also bring a bolt to see if it fits the shock hole properly.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!