Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Got the rear end squared away with the arms I straightened out. Took it for a spin and it for sure tracks better. It looks like both rears are toed in slightly….I believe this is normal for this type of suspension as power applied makes the rear toe out a bit…just what i remember from college mini Indy days…🤷‍♂️

View attachment 426188View attachment 426189

So I pressure washed the buggy with the rear suspension fixed. I then pulled the old Rops and test fit the new takeoff I picked up last week.

View attachment 426190

Much to my surprise, the front section fit perfectly, then the middle…and the rear as well! I was stunned as I thought I’d be beating the crap outta it.

Mrs Vikes79 thinks I should leave the Rops red and call the buggy Stepchild….

View attachment 426191

Yea or Nay ? What say you?
I love Mrs Vikes idea......phuckin hilarious

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Not sure if you have checked out the factory welds….but it looks pretty factory to me!!🤓🤣 That’s how Honda should have reinforced it anyway!!
This is on the ‘23 Rops I bought…

NorthernJoe

NorthernJoe

Feb 10, 2021
Northern Ontario
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Not my best work but they will go back on in the morning.

Something in the powder coating or surface treatment really made it hard to weld cleanly no matter what I tried it spattered like crazy…but I goobered enough on to make it work…I’ve never been accused of being a great welder…I’m a hell of a grinder however 🤣.

View attachment 426091
Never lay more bead in a day then you can grind :)
It looks great!

NorthernJoe

NorthernJoe

Feb 10, 2021
Northern Ontario
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Got the rear end squared away with the arms I straightened out. Took it for a spin and it for sure tracks better. It looks like both rears are toed in slightly….I believe this is normal for this type of suspension as power applied makes the rear toe out a bit…just what i remember from college mini Indy days…🤷‍♂️

So I pressure washed the buggy with the rear suspension fixed. I then pulled the old Rops and test fit the new takeoff I picked up last week.

View attachment 426190

Much to my surprise, the front section fit perfectly, then the middle…and the rear as well! I was stunned as I thought I’d be beating the crap outta it.

View attachment 426191

Love the name!

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
You already know that all welds shrink - I wonder if welding the gussets in place pulled the toe in back into the trailing arms a 'bit'. Were you able to clamp the doo doo out of them before welding?

Rayger143

Rayger143

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 5, 2020
Winfield, BC Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5

View attachment 426190

View attachment 426191

Looks great!

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You already know that all welds shrink - I wonder if welding the gussets in place pulled the toe in back into the trailing arms a 'bit'. Were you able to clamp the doo doo out of them before welding?
Yeah I did.

It is what it is for today. Maybe Santa brings better parts in the future.

I’m not even sure there’s an issue. It drives great! No marking of tires on the concrete either.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Yeah I did.

It is what it is for today. Maybe Santa brings better parts in the future.

I’m not even sure there’s an issue. It drives great! No marking of tires on the concrete either.
I think what you made is better than what you can replace them with. And it's given me a plan if I follow in your shoes. :cool:

Buggyman

Buggyman

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 3, 2020
ne. ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2

View attachment 426190

View attachment 426191

Paint it

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Decided that I don’t want to paint the Rops … and honestly think it’s different, which I prefer. So I bolted it down and also fine tuned the latch point on the rear door and the hinge bracket so that door would close properly.

IMG 6353

The pass rear door skin looks like a cheese grater was used on it and almost all the mounting points are broken. I’m going to try and clean it up a bit and plastic weld the tabs back together.

IMG 6352

Gotta still mess around with the drivers front fender and headlight bracket to straighten them out too.

IMG 6354

advertisement
NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Decided that I don’t want to paint the Rops … and honestly think it’s different, which I prefer. So I bolted it down and also fine tuned the latch point on the rear door and the hinge bracket so that door would close properly.

View attachment 426453

The pass rear door skin looks like a cheese grater was used on it and almost all the mounting points are broken. I’m going to try and clean it up a bit and plastic weld the tabs back together.

View attachment 426454

Gotta still mess around with the drivers front fender and headlight bracket to straighten them out too.

View attachment 426455
Eh, leave it and you won’t have to worry about tree branches so much.

Rayger143

Rayger143

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 5, 2020
Winfield, BC Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5

View attachment 426453

View attachment 426454

View attachment 426455
Red rops is hardly noticeable on the orange. As long as it drives and handles is what counts. Almost time to go enjoy it! Well done Vikes.

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Got some goodies today.

Some non Honda oil filters ( compared to my on shelf Honda filters they look identical in construction)

A rough country winch mount
Two sections of winch line
Soft shackle donut
A used radius rod to replace the bent one I straightened ( will become a spare)

I already have a used HF winch I’m going to use that was on my P1k5 which I converted to wide spool.

IMG 6359

Last night I installed the new roof that came with the Rops and the SATV flip windshield ( sorry no pics yet)

Somewhere in my shop I have some usb charging ports, switches and led strips I’ll use for wheel lights if I can find them

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!