ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Its about 45mins out of the way on my way in where my routes would change in Chattanooga, Ill be watching this to see if y'all are going to make it. FYI there is piss poor cell coverage at the prison, not sure if they have WiFi. Its a little over an hour one way by road from RRB to the Prison.

Shooter63

Shooter63

Shooter 63
Lifetime Member
Jan 10, 2019
Longview
Ownership

1. 1000-3
It's on the west side of the freeway a few miles past the abandoned train. I think it's a minimum of 6 hours round trip plus time spent at prison. It could easily be double that with all of the different trails available. The plan will be to tailor this ride to the group we get.

You can Google maps the prison and see that it is quite a distance.
I am so looking foreword to this ride

Vondy

Vondy

Lifetime Member
Mar 10, 2015
Houston,OH
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Wish this was Wednesday, no way I can make it down on Tuesday. Anyone planning rides Weds or Thurs? I have have covered all of the Sundquist(RRB) side, would like to follow someone to get some familiarity with the riding west of 75.

riverratcadillac

riverratcadillac

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2017
lafollette tn
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Wish this was Wednesday, no way I can make it down on Tuesday. Anyone planning rides Weds or Thurs? I have have covered all of the Sundquist(RRB) side, would like to follow someone to get some familiarity with the riding west of 75.
thursday i believe is the tacket creek ride and i sure something will happen wensday as well

Firemedic530

Firemedic530

Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
West Jefferson, Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Wednesday is open for whatever with us. If a group wants to go up Dragons back and down widowmaker and then red z trail and maybe sneak over to Panther rock, we could do that. Everyone should have skids and winch minimum for that.
We could also just do a mostly easy sightseeing day on the west side.

We're not a 5:30 group though. More like 30:5

B

bucktaker

Aug 3, 2017
sw ohio/ETN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
would like to be a tenative for this ride can will confirm closer to the date..... Where would the trailer parking for this be ? Mexican place off 75?

Reactions: Firemedic530
advertisement
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Its a good drive by road and longer ride by trail but I want to eat at the prison we missed it for Overland rerun, didn't realize it was the prison till we had passed it.
I think I'm in, but if we do mostly roads, think I'll take my truck. Let me know?

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am thinking depending on when y'all go I may stop on my way in which is about 30-45 mins out of the way instead of driving all the way to RRB and then a 2hr round trip by road after a 5hr drive.

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
FYI:A large majority of Tackett Creek area is not for someone who is afraid of damage, scratches, or laying a machine on its side.
My trailer queen aint made for scratches....
Giphy

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
The group leaving at 9 will be doing mostly trail.
Hembree's store in smokey junction is a must stop if you have never been to an old timey mom and pop store. Best bologna sandwiches in east Tennessee. Lol. For real it's like a step back in time. I always stop in and spend a little money everytime I go by even if I dont need anything.

Shooter63

Shooter63

Shooter 63
Lifetime Member
Jan 10, 2019
Longview
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Hembree's store in smokey junction is a must stop if you have never been to an old timey mom and pop store. Best bologna sandwiches in east Tennessee. Lol. For real it's like a step back in time. I always stop in and spend a little money everytime I go by even if I dont need anything.
I am in I love going back in time

Firemedic530

Firemedic530

Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
West Jefferson, Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5

I looked at my mapping from 2 months ago and we missed it by 5 miles. We ran across by the ruins and dropped onto the road 5 miles south of there. I now have it on my map. I'm not sure which way @JACKAL is going to take us on this ride.

B

bucktaker

Aug 3, 2017
sw ohio/ETN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Pencil me in it looks like I will be able to make the ride 9 am at Pilot
Yellow 18 p1k Rocking full skids, winch, QB 28 tires.
Is there a sign up for the Tackett ride anywhere?

Reactions: Shooter63
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!