P700 Which Plow setup? Warn, Eagle, Denali, KFI?

Vondy

Vondy

Lifetime Member
Mar 10, 2015
Houston,OH
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Holding out for a 1000 myself, but my parents and sister need me to put a plow on their 700s. What's everyone's opinions on plow setups. Need something heavy duty, parents plow a 1/4 mile gravel lane and sister plows about a 1/2 mile of paved. I have been looking at Warn, KFI, Eagle, and Denali and can't really tell which will be the most durable.

Thanks in advance for your help. Need to purchase soon.

Reactions: bobbyhill
allgm1

allgm1

Lifetime Member
Mar 7, 2015
New Hampshire
I did a ton of looking before I bought mine (eagle). I think they all have good points and bad points. I read somewhere of one guy saying the denali's were a p.o.s, and another guy totalled a warn. The eagle plow seems to be very well put together, I haven't heard any complaints and it comes with side markers and a rubber flap. I just received mine and have not tried it out on my 350' gravel driveway. One feature I liked about the denali plow is how tall it is. I don't remember how much taller the blade is, but the extra height would be nice when plowing deep snow. heres a pic of the eagle plow.
20150916 105504 zpsicr90nrf

Reactions: bobbyhill
dieselmax

dieselmax

Jul 6, 2014
Thunder Bay Ontario Canada
i bought the denali setup last fall and i'm quite happy with it. it seems very well put together it didnt come with markers or flap but did include an extra cutting edge

Vondy

Vondy

Lifetime Member
Mar 10, 2015
Houston,OH
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Thanks for your feedback. Can anyone else give me some feedback? Need to get them ordered soon. Thanks.

Springer

Springer

Apr 2, 2014

I have the Eagle plow as well. Used it for 2 seasons with no trouble. I plow a 200 ft driveway and also a two track back to the barn that is about 600 ft. I bought the 72 inch, yellow one, looks much better than the black in my opinion. It is very well built, much better than the Cycle Country plow I had on my Rhino.

Last edited:
bobbyhill

bobbyhill

Pay to Play and I'm broke all around!
Junior Moderator
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Apr 8, 2015
Smithfield, VA
Ownership

1. 700-4
I don't have a plow for mine but I have done a lot of plowing in the past and I will add to @Springer. I like the yellow too because come summer time when you remove it and store in the garage or the shed the yellow will save your legs and a lot of cussing!!
View attachment 6609
I have the Eagle plow as well. Used it for 2 seasons with no trouble. I plow a 200 ft driveway and also a two track back to the barn that is about 600 ft. I bought the 72 inch, yellow one, looks much better than the black in my opinion. It is very well built, much better than the Cycle Country plow I had on my Rhino.

Reactions: Springer
S

sako

Aug 25, 2014
Holding out for a 1000 myself, but my parents and sister need me to put a plow on their 700s. What's everyone's opinions on plow setups. Need something heavy duty, parents plow a 1/4 mile gravel lane and sister plows about a 1/2 mile of paved. I have been looking at Warn, KFI, Eagle, and Denali and can't really tell which will be the most durable.

Thanks in advance for your help. Need to purchase soon.
I ordered the Warn 6 foot plow set-up when I initally purchased my 700-2 . The plow set up was included in the Honda partnered accessories in the Canadian sales brochure and it wasn't cheap , about $1200. which included the articulated mounts and quick release attachments, it runs off my Honda-Warn 4,000 lb winch. I couldn't be happier with the results last winter [ I live in Newfoundland] , this is a rugged piece of equipment , not sure of the weight of unit but its beefy you will need two people to put it on or off. The blade finish is very good no rust and minimal wear on the shoe. You guys in the USA have many more manufactures and accessories options available to you but I have always believed you get what you pay for and in my opinion the Warn plow, the Honda 700-2, the Warn winch combination is great and worth the money.

allgm1

allgm1

Lifetime Member
Mar 7, 2015
New Hampshire
View attachment 6609
my cycle country plow on my 450 was black, plus theres something about the yellow and snow combo that steers me towards black, to each his own I guess.

R

Riverrat435

Jul 22, 2014
I have a cycle country front mount and push tube. This is very heavily built. I am waiting to see if my old plow will work otherwise just ordering a cycle country plow also. This mount is heavy can not stress it enough.

allgm1

allgm1

Lifetime Member
Mar 7, 2015
New Hampshire
I have a cycle country front mount and push tube. This is very heavily built. I am waiting to see if my old plow will work otherwise just ordering a cycle country plow also. This mount is heavy can not stress it enough.
I can't seem to see it in your picture?

Vondy

Vondy

Lifetime Member
Mar 10, 2015
Houston,OH
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Any other suggestions before I take a chance on one since there doesn't seem to be a clear winner. I need to order one soon.

duwops

duwops

Lifetime Member
Nov 10, 2013
Eagle Plow here for three seasons plow 125' asphalt drive and 900' dirt road out to back gate no problems other than swinging blade side to side sometimes it's a little sticky get it to lock in place.

Springer

Springer

Apr 2, 2014
Any other suggestions before I take a chance on one since there doesn't seem to be a clear winner. I need to order one soon.
i like my Eagle, and would purchase another.

Vondy

Vondy

Lifetime Member
Mar 10, 2015
Houston,OH
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Placed order today thru Motoalliance for the Denali plow. Customer service by phone and emails seemed great. Purchased 2 of everything from them for the setup, Pro series plow, plow mounts, winch plate and their viper winch with synthetic cable. Got some extra discounts by calling and ordering two setups. I'll post up my thoughts once I receive.

E

Eeluk

Nov 27, 2014
Ownership

1. 700-2
Placed order today thru Motoalliance for the Denali plow. Customer service by phone and emails seemed great. Purchased 2 of everything from them for the setup, Pro series plow, plow mounts, winch plate and their viper winch with synthetic cable. Got some extra discounts by calling and ordering two setups. I'll post up my thoughts once I receive.

How did it go??

Vondy

Vondy

Lifetime Member
Mar 10, 2015
Houston,OH
Ownership

1. Talon X4
How did it go??

That was 2 years ago, but all the parts came in great and assembly was as expected. Happy with the quality. I would suggest taking off plow bracket if you are going to do any tough rocky trails. Brother in law wouldnt take my advice and remove his before going to Royal Blue and dented his up pretty good. Said he was able to straighten though..

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!