Converted my 700-4 to 700-2

R

russ344

Sep 29, 2013
Hello all, I'm new to the forum. I just picked up my new Pioneer 700-4 and I love it. I wanted the 4 even though it's just my wife and me. We figured it would be nice to have the extra seats in case friends wanted to come along. Since almost all our riding will be just the 2 of us I figured I would remove the rear roll cage until it's needed. It was easier than I thought it would be. We rolled up the safety nets, removed 10 14MM bolts, and lifted off the cage. It's very light and the 2 of us could easily lift it. I want to make sure everyone knows that we will NEVER EVER carry passengers in the rear seats without the rear cage properly installed on the vehicle. I think it looks pretty good and loading the bed will be a lot easier.

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    185.8 KB · Views: 4,970
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    158.5 KB · Views: 3,959
Reactions: bobbyhill
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Russ,
Welcome to the community. We are all here to help you with your Pioneer.. But it seems you are showing us some new things.

You bought the p4 for the same reason I did. I could not justify buying the 2 when I could get the 4 for a bit more. I don't need 4 seats, but you never know when fiends may come over. And I think the resell will be better when the time comes.

M

Mandride

Sep 17, 2013
Very intriguing, thoughts from me and would love to get your view.
Looks to me like your in a dusty area. I have found with a windshield it draws dust and leaves and other stuff in to the cabin area. My approach is to put on a dust shield on the back bar of mine to prevent this. I am adding a HArd top to it and the drop cover to test my idea. IT should be in this week. I would be concerned with the experience with your friends riding in it and wouldn't want them to feel they have been dusted.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I was thinking of doing this as I haven't road 4 people hardly any.

B

binfordw

Oct 15, 2013
Hondasxs said:
I was thinking of doing this as I haven't road 4 people hardly any.

Mine has been used mainly as a 2 seater since cold weather hit hard. I do still enjoy having rear doors and the full top for cargo though, Loads of wood or gear don't get soaked in rain and snow atleast. It is a bit of a letdown I wasn't able to make all 4 seats comfortable in cold weather, but thats really to be expected I guess. Fabric doors can only do so much.

R

rallymachine

Jan 2, 2014
I did the same thing to mine the night it came home. I only carry my wife and me so no need for the rear cage. To be honest i think it looks ugly as sin but needed for safety.

S

Shane

Jan 1, 2014
I'm gonna pull mine off its just bolts. I don't like the 4p looks with my cab . I will post pic once we get our wrap around bumper on. I also need to put my pioneer on my toy box list.

B

b4hntn

Lifetime Member
Oct 14, 2013
texashuntinglease.com
Filling deer feeders is so very much safer with the p4 roll bars. I have a full sized Ford Bronco. Someone asked in a forum how to convert it from 4WD to 2WD. The replies were mostly "Why?" and "To each his own." Very few positive comments.

R

roger

Jan 28, 2014
just got my 700-4 camo and cant wait to accessorize. I'm goin remove back rack also and still toying with the idea of making a role bar look onto same mounts. Wondering what are the absolute maximum size tires and rims i can install without adding lift kit

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!