RobSparre

RobSparre

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2020
West Chester, PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Here is my second Honda P1K video - this time it's "10 Accessories", including installation tips.

I have also attached a wiring diagram, updated since my initial dual battery video post.

#1 roof - Honda factory
#2 windshield - SATV flip
#3 rear view mirror
#4 side mirrors
#5 dual battery
#6 front light bar
#7 backup lights
#8 dome lights
#9 pull handles
#10 surprise -

Enjoy!

Here is the link:

Attachments

• Honda P1K Rob Wiring Diagram with relay v204.pdf
    240.5 KB · Views: 197
TxDoc

TxDoc

Lifetime Member
May 19, 2019
TEXAS 🇨🇱
photos.app.goo.gl
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Cool shop dude! I assume you are "Dr. Mark" on YouTube? Thanks for sharing your photo gallery.
Is the trailer winch just to pull the vehicle onto the trailer?
The trailer winch is to pull anything not running onto the trailer. I had a stroke and am regaining use of my left arm and hand. I use a wireless remote so I can steer while on/in the machine. The trailer (s) you saw isn't my new one. It's a 7x15 with a Blackwood deck and folding side steps, assisted gate lift, winch, etc., to make it safe for me.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
E014d2aa5508a95634e07a796c37766a

RobSparre

RobSparre

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2020
West Chester, PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The trailer winch is to pull anything not running onto the trailer. I had a stroke and am regaining use of my left arm and hand. I use a wireless remote so I can steer while on/in the machine. The trailer (s) you saw isn't my new one. It's a 7x15 with a Blackwood deck and folding side steps, assisted gate lift, winch, etc., to make it safe for me.

View attachment 235304
So glad you are adapting and improvising to conquer adversity! The winch is making me think about using a winch on the Pioneer to pull itself up onto the trailer instead of driving up. Do you know if that is something that would make sense? I'm looking to get some tie down accessories and would like to avoid having to drive over the little chocks or D rings. I saw some people have the Erickson tie down system and it looks compelling.

Reactions: Isaiah and TxDoc
TxDoc

TxDoc

Lifetime Member
May 19, 2019
TEXAS 🇨🇱
photos.app.goo.gl
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ask others opinions.

You can winch up onto the trailer. I don't see a negative, aside from time involved.

Don't use your winch as a tie down. The sudden shocks from bumps can damage the gears. You can call WARN customer service toll free and they can affirm this.

As far as your your tie downs... I found Cargo Buckles.

Thru can mount on the trailer rails or inside the trailer floor and recessed out of the way.

They are fast, can be easily used one handed, and are strong.

This is the model I have in my trailer floor so I can't trip and fall

Here's a totally revocable model

Reactions: CID
mj1angier

mj1angier

Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2020
NC
The main reason I put a winch on ours was to get it on the trailer if its not running, lol. I had to use a come-a-long to get my tractor on the trailer one time when it died to take to get repair. That was a long and painful job!

• Wow
Reactions: TxDoc and RobSparre
RobSparre

RobSparre

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2020
West Chester, PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The main reason I put a winch on ours was to get it on the trailer if its not running, lol. I had to use a come-a-long to get my tractor on the trailer one time when it died to take to get repair. That was a long and painful job!
Ouch!!

Reactions: TxDoc
RobSparre

RobSparre

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2020
West Chester, PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ask others opinions.

You can winch up onto the trailer. I don't see a negative, aside from time involved.

Don't use your winch as a tie down. The sudden shocks from bumps can damage the gears. You can call WARN customer service toll free and they can affirm this.

As far as your your tie downs... I found Cargo Buckles.

Thru can mount on the trailer rails or inside the trailer floor and recessed out of the way.

They are fast, can be easily used one handed, and are strong.

This is the model I have in my trailer floor so I can't trip and fall

Here's a totally revocable model

Wow - that's a lot to digest - but perfect timing! I am currently leaning toward the Erickson system, but also reviewing E-track and regular D-rings. Cargo Buckles are looking good. Will review everything forthwith. (I have never used that in a sentence before - so another weird thing in 2020....)

Reactions: TxDoc
advertisement
TxDoc

TxDoc

Lifetime Member
May 19, 2019
TEXAS 🇨🇱
photos.app.goo.gl
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I decided to put a winch on every trailer after....

1. Trying to load a Kubota zero turn on s trailer in 109 degree heat index with 96 % humidity and insects attacking..... Tried to push it on but the wheels spun when the hit the edge of the ramp.

And

2. Tried to push my a Rhino 660 up the ramp wearing shorts, no shirt, no shoes in freezing rain and sleet.

All trailers got winches and wireless remotes to allow steering when alone.

This new trailer has a winch inside a lockable aluminum box with wireless remote.

Now I can load by myself and do it quickly.

2. Life

RobSparre

RobSparre

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2020
West Chester, PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey TxDoc

You showed the cargo buckle recessed system on your trailer, but I didn't see how you secured the vehicle. I assume you are going to the frame somewhere and not over the tire? I have read so much about over the tire being a better method because it allows the vehicle suspension to absorb all the road bumps rather than the trailer. It seems to make sense, but I also know a lot of folks just tie down to the frame. I assume with the cargo buckles, it's really not setup to tie down over the tire.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!