BOX1

P1000 100-5 LE runs rough and here is everything I tried.....

J

jlwardn

May 25, 2020
West Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Update. They now tell me it is an injector and have replaced it and it is running fine......but upon test driving it they here a noise coming from the rear end and suspect axle........looks like another week without my new SxS. Paid $13,000 and so far only got 1.5 hours enjoyment out of it. I bet when I get it back it will be crappy weather......just my luck. Thanks for all the input and support.

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Dang. This sounds like the issue I had. Took me 3weeks, working on it every night to find the problem. It would stall under load. Idle was rough. At first it would back fire while coasting, then it got worse and would pop and sputter. I had no codes. I did the plugs and checked the coils with the SERVICE MANUAL that I would cram down the dealers throat. ( You can check the coils with an ohm meter. The Honda service manual tells you how to do it and gives the numbers within tolerance. And they should know that). I did the fuel tank drain and fuel pressure and even did a compression test because at times it seemed like it was designated to one cylinder. The plugs looked fine but one was Sometimes wet with fuel up the threads. I checked the stupid fuel injector wires everyone complains about. Finally while all the plastic was off. I used a long screwdriver like a stethoscope. Placing the end ontop of the fuel injector, I stretched over and turned the key to ACC and listened to how they clicked. One sounded very different than the other. One was clearly clicking faster and solid, the other was faint and faded. The dealer told me that's not possible, they are supposed to sound like that, it's normal, blah, blah. 2 hour round trip, and $76. I know the frustrations. I hope this helps.
Update. They now tell me it is an injector and have replaced it and it is running fine......but upon test driving it they here a noise coming from the rear end and suspect axle........looks like another week without my new SxS. Paid $13,000 and so far only got 1.5 hours enjoyment out of it. I bet when I get it back it will be crappy weather......just my luck. Thanks for all the input and support.
Looks like trailrider was right!

Reactions: 1Ktrailrider
weelad

weelad

Sep 9, 2019
West Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
How many miles on this thing? Kind of disheartening to hear about such problems on a fairly new unit. I bought a Honda because I dont want to have to deal with such issues so I always closely follow these problems when they pop up and hope I never have to deal with them but if so I will have a better grip on what to look for during repairs. Keep us posted...

Reactions: TripleB

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Few things are more frustrating than spending $$$$$ and having problems. FWIW, keep your spirits up. When your machine's bugs are worked out, it will be a solid performer that will be reliable. Just gotta put a little TLC to knock 'er back into top form. Chin up and good luck!!!

J

jlwardn

May 25, 2020
West Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
They put in a new fuel injector and all is well again. They said I had a clicking noise in the rear end and wanted to put in a new axle. The axle came in and once installed............rear end still clicks. Runs great otherwise

Reactions: 0860silverado
1Ktrailrider

1Ktrailrider

Dec 1, 2018
Pennsylvania
Ownership

1. 1000-5
They put in a new fuel injector and all is well again. They said I had a clicking noise in the rear end and wanted to put in a new axle. The axle came in and once installed............rear end still clicks. Runs great otherwise
Glad to hear it's running as it should. Don't worry about the clicking in the back. Its not going to be anything major. Just go have fun. And buy some cool accessories. That always makes everything better.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!