P1000 1000-3 versus 1000-5 which and why

N

Nicholas

Mar 23, 2017
Streator
Ownership

1. 1000-3
So I am planning on picking up a Pioneer 1000-3, but something always has me looking back at the 1000-5. Aside from the obvious ability to carry a couple more people without much effort.. are there any other pros or cons about the -5? I plan on using this as a work horse mostly around my home and the gfs family farm and I just picture the extended roll cage getting in the way when trying to haul some awkward tree branches or something so thats why I planned on going with the-3. Anyone have any other insight on why to buy one over the other?

Reactions: sharp
GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So I am planning on picking up a Pioneer 1000-3, but something always has me looking back at the 1000-5. Aside from the obvious ability to carry a couple more people without much effort.. are there any other pros or cons about the -5? I plan on using this as a work horse mostly around my home and the gfs family farm and I just picture the extended roll cage getting in the way when trying to haul some awkward tree branches or something so thats why I planned on going with the-3. Anyone have any other insight on why to buy one over the other?
You do loose some bed space with the 5 . The rear rops is easily removed. You get self leveling rear shocks. And resale value will be more over the 3. Either is a good choice..Just remember you can make a -5 a -3 but you can't make a -3 a -5

N

Nicholas

Mar 23, 2017
Streator
Ownership

1. 1000-3
You do loose some bed space with the 5 . The rear rops is easily removed. You get self leveling rear shocks. And resale value will be more over the 3. Either is a good choice..Just remember you can make a -5 a -3 but you can't make a -3 a -5
by easily removed.. do you mean taking a wrench to it.. or is there some sort of quick disconnect for the bars? Plan is get the extended warranty on it and trade it in after the warranty is up.

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
by easily removed.. do you mean taking a wrench to it.. or is there some sort of quick disconnect for the bars? Plan is get the extended warranty on it and trade it in after the warranty is up.
Eight bolts to remove.

sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
If your not going to haul more than 3 people save your money and get the p 3.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV

If you have the extra cash I say 5. What Glock said including resale the short 5 is very unique and imo will sell better you'll definitely get the extra cash back at sale. If you wanted the seats later it's a big deal. Side note obviously like he said the bed is a little smaller but it's damn nice to have extra doors to load. You can also use both doors as little cubbies below the seat.
Cons a little less bed room and a couple hundred pounds heavier. Both are incredible it's really good to coinsider either

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Elkhunter

Elkhunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 17, 2013
Minnesota
If you have the extra cash I say 5. What Glock said including resale the short 5 is very unique and imo will sell better you'll definitely get the extra cash back at sale. If you wanted the seats later it's a big deal. Side note obviously like he said the bed is a little smaller but it's damn nice to have extra doors to load. You can also use both doors as little cubbies below the seat.
Cons a little less bed room and a couple hundred pounds heavier.

I guess I didn't realize the bed was smaller on the 5 than the 3. How much smaller is it? I was presuming it was the same size.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I guess I didn't realize the bed was smaller on the 5 than the 3. How much smaller is it? I was presuming it was the same size.

I'd say 5 narrower? It's got to clear the rear ROPS while dumping

KevinSC

KevinSC

Dec 31, 2015
I have a 3 and wouldn't trade it for a 5 with 5 in my family. Save the extra money and put it on accessories is what I did.

Reactions: Scoop and sharp
E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I'm more than happy with the 3. The few times that I wish that I had a 5 are just that..... a very few.

advertisement
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5

What he said.

I had the 700-4 and I've got the 1000-5D the self leveling shocks are nice when you've got people in the back. Want me some Fox though.

I wouldn't trade the 5 for the 3 EXCEPT when I want to dump a load of gravel or dirt in the bed and dump it somewhere else.

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I got the 3 because I wanted more bed space and the rear rops get in the way even though you can take them off.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!