P1000 1000-5 Body Panel Swap

J

jrv97240

Jul 19, 2017
Kansas City, MO
I am in the market to buy a pioneer 1000-5. I really like the silver or metallic blue colors that come on the deluxe and LE models. I recently found a thread with someone who swapped body panels for around 350$. The reason this becomes a factor is I can buy a 2016 base model 1000-5 at a good price right now. My question is, can you swap the deluxe or LE edition body panels to a base model pioneer? And does anyone know the part numbers for the metallic blue body panels? I have a full list of the parts for the silver panels. Thank you.

J

jrv97240

Jul 19, 2017
Kansas City, MO
I believe I found the metallic blue plastics (pearl proton blue), but cant tell which front fender is the right color they are not labeled. Bigger question now is will the body panels fit a non deluxe model pioneer? I understand the doors on the deluxe model have nuts embedded in them, how are other folks with non-deluxe models attaching the body panels.

J

JTW

I believe I found the metallic blue plastics (pearl proton blue), but cant tell which front fender is the right color they are not labeled. Bigger question now is will the body panels fit a non deluxe model pioneer? I understand the doors on the deluxe model have nuts embedded in them, how are other folks with non-deluxe models attaching the body panels.
Double sided scotchtape!!

pct

pct

Lost in the hills
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 10, 2016
Letart WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Check out babbits online for your panels they have good prices I got mine through my dealer just as cheap though you can also
use a nut cert it is like a pop rivet with threads

Reactions: JTW
W

wyodlr

Aug 15, 2016
Cody Wyoming
Ownership

1. 1000-5
attach the panels with push pins that is what Honda does if you get hard doors

J

JTW

Check out babbits online for your panels they have good prices I got mine through my dealer just as cheap though you can also
use a nut cert it is like a pop rivet with threads
Nut cert would be my suggestion too... but the pushpin option is good too... I'd start with whichever makes the smallest initial hole.

Reactions: pct

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!