P1000 1000-5, full enclosure with tracks!

AKRider

AKRider

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 31, 2016
Palmer, Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
First long run up a mountain, it did a great job in low albeit, a little warm inside? Think I need to insulate the seat cushions as others have done... Fantastic machine!

View attachment 32534 View attachment 32535

Looking good! You might want to look into putting a blower under the seat. There's a lot of info here about it.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
First long run up a mountain, it did a great job in low albeit, a little warm inside? Think I need to insulate the seat cushions as others have done... Fantastic machine!

View attachment 32534 View attachment 32535
Very cool setup love the tracks...someday maybe. Does look great. I find the comment about little warm with snow on the ground funny. We were without coats sometimes cruising in the snow because of that and I thought nice. AK is on par with the underseat blower that's helped many and would be perfect for you to control temp.
How'd it perform in your opinion what speeds were you running?

Reactions: AKRider
N

NAZ

Feb 4, 2017
Medford, OR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
CumminsPusher, we found 4th/5th gear in Low was acceptable (8-10 MPh) at best? Didn't want to push it much. AkRider, thanks for the advice, I'll take a look at the blower solution- sounds like a good mod! Plan to thermal shield the bottom of the seats for sure. Idaho Pioneer, the track noise is loud no doubt but bearable. Engine noise isn't too bad even being enclosed. Hope to share some vids over the weekend- Thanks for your advice guys!

IdahoPioneer

IdahoPioneer

Oct 16, 2015
Emmett, Idaho
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
CumminsPusher, we found 4th/5th gear in Low was acceptable (8-10 MPh) at best? Didn't want to push it much. AkRider, thanks for the advice, I'll take a look at the blower solution- sounds like a good mod! Plan to thermal shield the bottom of the seats for sure. Idaho Pioneer, the track noise is loud no doubt but bearable. Engine noise isn't too bad even being enclosed. Hope to share some vids over the weekend- Thanks for your advice guys!

Good to know. I've been a bit nervous about the amount of noise we'll have bouncing around inside the cab. So you kept it in low the whole time? The little bit of driving mine I've done with tracks I had it all the way to 6th in high range. Granted I wasn't in very deep snow when doing it. Not sure how fast I was going. I'll have to break out the gps for that next time.

N

NAZ

Feb 4, 2017
Medford, OR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thought I would share a few pics taken over the past couple weeks. I'll tell you, the machine has been amazing! I also have a video traversing a pretty sketchy drift on a cliff but the web site will not allow uploading as it's an MP4 format.

Staged Ground Clearance Site 1 Site 2

N

NAZ

Feb 4, 2017
Medford, OR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
...sorry, hit the wrong button and sent the pic's. -Back to the MP4 conversion for website upload, any thoughts including applications that work well for Windows 10?
Thanks,
Calvin

popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
...sorry, hit the wrong button and sent the pic's. -Back to the MP4 conversion for website upload, any thoughts including applications that work well for Windows 10?
Thanks,
Calvin
Have you tried to up load your vids to youtube, then copy and paste the adress on here?

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Eltobgi
Remote

Remote

Jan 30, 2017
Rocky Mountains
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thought I would share a few pics taken over the past couple weeks. I'll tell you, the machine has been amazing! I also have a video traversing a pretty sketchy drift on a cliff but the web site will not allow uploading as it's an MP4 format.

View attachment 37925 View attachment 37926 View attachment 37927 View attachment 37928
Very nice set up! We have our P1Ks set up for a similar transport useage. Sidehills on certain routes are a non starter without a leveling pass by a snowcat with a sixway plow to deal with the issue. If conditions are poor we can bring #2 P1k as a rescue backup. (We also have a cat with a sixway as a last resort rescue that costs stupid money to operate) The tracks are amazing, but getting buried in a remote drift, or worse sliding off, without a plan can be an expensive time consuming exercise....be safe, and really looking forward to your updates especially on comms installs!

Reactions: Rincon
advertisement
D

Dasmoeturhead

nice looking machine. Ever been up to Fish Lake trails just north of you? We camped there a lot, and there's some good snow machine trails back there.

K

KDono

Lifetime Member
Nov 25, 2017
Fairbanks, Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Pretty Awesome. I just joined this forum and there is some great info here for sure. I have a P1K5 Delux and just ordered the same rig you currently have, the cab enclosure and tracks. Now that you have had your for a while, any advice. The heat thing I am thinking I will not mind (in the winter anyway) as it is pretty chilly here in Fairbanks, the extra heat may be welcomed, ha. Summer may be a different story. Definitely looks great and I will get some pictures out myself once I get everything installed! K

Reactions: elkguide and JTW

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!