P1000 1000-5 hard door color

541pioneer

541pioneer

Sep 9, 2020
Eastern oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok guys, wife says we need hard doors for the pioneer for this winter. Anyone have any experience with them? Do they seal way better than stock half doors with seizmik uppers? Also has anyone put the color panel off of the stock door on the new hard door???

Reactions: Lady01 and TxDoc
Gabbas

Gabbas

May 17, 2020
Humboldt, Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok guys, wife says we need hard doors for the pioneer for this winter. Anyone have any experience with them? Do they seal way better than stock half doors with seizmik uppers? Also has anyone put the color panel off of the stock door on the new hard door???
Yes the color panels fit. I personally don't have them. There are a lot of options out there. I have a soft enclosure and a heater. Works great. The doors are heavy and if you plan on taking them off in the spring they are a pain in the rear (hard doors).

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

Reactions: Lady01 and ChadD
Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4 LV
I know this isn’t the answer your looking for, but have you considered sealing up the half door bottoms?

the seals I installed are still going strong. I recently did RB3 bushings and it’s amazing how tight the front doors are now.

541pioneer

541pioneer

Sep 9, 2020
Eastern oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks for the replies, good to know on the weight, and major plus I can put my white panels on the hard doors! I have sealed my lower doors kind of like you described, the rears also, and it did help a ton! The only complaint we have is looking through the vinyl windows. It drives us both nuts, especially in the winter when it’s cold enough you don’t want them rolled down.

H

Hardwaterflyer

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2015
West Central Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Had the full size Honda doors for a year now. Camo panels transferred to the new door. Left them on during the summer and the rollup windows are nice. Have the vinyl rear cab window that we roll up and we get lots of circulation. Have Honda full top and full glass windshield on our 1000-5 Deluxe. Really like the doors not the price. But now we can ride in any weather. Favorite season is winter riding around on my "Mattracks."

HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
To seal a Pioneer cab you will need a lot more than hard doors. My Honda soft upper doors actually seal pretty well.

The embarrassing truth is Honda didn't really design the Pioneer to seal tightly. Even with all the expensive cab enclosure accessories the top of the windshield doesn't provide a perfect seal against the top. Likewise the cab back panel.

As a minimum you'll need a Honda hard top, Honda windshield, Honda cab back panel, Honda hard doors, and a both shift lever panels with rubber gaskets around the shift levers. It still won't be sealed tightly but all those accessories will make it much better.

Reactions: Lady01

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!