1000-5 SE sub harness??

B

BBOOTH

Apr 12, 2019
wisconsin
Ownership

1. 700-4
i purchased a sub harness 08Z01-HL3-600 for my 18 700-4 when installing my bluetooth, which made install so easy... Now getting ready for same install for my new 1000-5se and am wondering if anyone knows if the same harness can be used or if there is different harness i should be using. Honda website shows nothing. looked at club store here, but not really sure which harness is correct.

Reactions: Lady01 and TxDoc
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
If you're just trying to get a key on power source , it's much simpler to go to the club store and buy the harness there that get you power. There's also other things on there to get you power. The Honda harness and switchplate is pretty expensive for what it does. If not you can make your own much cheaper. If you use the search on here you can find all different types of ways to make your own switch plate and power source of the 1,000

Reactions: Lady01
bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If you want to add additional accessories, are proficient at wiring, and have the necessary terminal crimping tools etc., then a DIY approach is doubtless best. This starts by getting a "key-on" switched fuse block, with power supplied to it by a suitable relay (I used a 75 amp Bosch, many use a "Stinger" etc.). This relay is powered by the wire providing key-switched power to Accessory fuse #5 in your existing Acc fuse box - I tapped into the wire under the fuse holder.

Will you be adding a second battery? If so, you'll want to move Honda's fuse block mount that is blocking access to what many use as the battery compartment (shown is my SE):

20211009 212022

The OEM acc fuse block is mounted on top of my aux battery using a cinch strap with firm foam between the two to maintain tension.

Reactions: Stevo and Lady01
B

BBOOTH

Apr 12, 2019
wisconsin
Ownership

1. 700-4
before i took delivery i had my dealer add a 2nd battery, i just ordered from the club store the key on harness.... i will have to see if that works for me.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Are you planning to add many accessories? I've added, horn, roof light bar, side pods and rear back up lights (they also serve as work lights), interior courtesy light, power for notepad map, phone holder/charger, radio (mostly parked use), winch wireless control, and exterior battery charging port/accessory power . . . I think I'm about done!

Point being, if you will be adding stuff later, now is best time to plan for it by adding fuse blocks. I split a 12-fuse box in two (not recommended), half is always on power and half key-on switched. Better would have been two separate 6 position fuse blocks as the smaller blocks are easier to find mounting spots for. The SE comes with little spare room under the hood compared to the more basic models.

Reactions: Lady01 and Scoop
Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
I split a 12-fuse box in two (not recommended), half is always on power and half key-on switched. Better would have been two separate 6 position fuse blocks as the smaller blocks are easier to find mounting spots for.
You can buy a split-bus fuse block. The Blue Sea Systems 5032 is one example. It's a little spendy, but ...

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!