Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Went and drove them all. Things I liked about each of them. The X4 felt a little lower quality/cheaper then I expected, but felt good driving.

Anyways, here is a quote I got on the base green 1000-5 with a roof, might be a decent price but seems like they can do better.

View attachment 91797

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
What state are you in? That price honestly looks higher than I paid for my 16 deluxe in Dec of 16.

R

Riddler6point7

Oct 24, 2018
US
What state are you in? That price honestly looks higher than I paid for my 16 deluxe in Dec of 16.
Northwest Arkansas. I guess I'm used to buying RZRs and them not charging me freight and assembly and all that junk.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Went and drove them all. Things I liked about each of them. The X4 felt a little lower quality/cheaper then I expected, but felt good driving.

Anyways, here is a quote I got on the base green 1000-5 with a roof, might be a decent price but seems like they can do better.

View attachment 91797

Tell them to drop the freight and set up and you'll be good.

Landman

Landman

The Great Bearded One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 27, 2017
Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Northwest Arkansas. I guess I'm used to buying RZRs and them not charging me freight and assembly and all that junk.

You should really check with Honda of Russellville... they’ll match/beat any quote you get in NWA and they don’t charge for assembly. Also, unless the standard freight has increased, I was charged $790, not $875.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Send a pm to @Cuoutdoors he travelled from Iowa to AR for a deal on a 1000-3 LE.

Reactions: sharp and BWAF
S

Superthrill

Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2018
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Take a little trip to Southern Honda Powersports in Chattanooga. Just got a new 2018 P1000-5 deluxe for $14,999. Added a roof on top of that. No set up fees, no delivery fees. No one around me could even come close.

BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5

View attachment 91797

In March of 17 I bought a 16' deluxe , from dealership in Pittsburg Kansas for 15,400 out the door, no sales tax of course then I added the roof two-piece windshield, grill guard,roof, winch ,3-year extended warranty and it ended up being 18,300

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

D

dilligaff82

Jan 24, 2017
New Hampshire
Ownership

1. 1000-5
knowing what I know now about the P1K I’d do with the wolverine if I could do it all over again. Sucks not being able to back up a trailer for fear of frying the clutches. Don’t have to worry about that stuff with a belt, especially on a Yamaha. Lots of people on here love to hate on belt drives but I’ve put them through all kinds of hell and never had a failure. As long as you know when to use low range you shouldn’t have any problems.

advertisement
S

Superthrill

Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2018
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just out of curiosity, have you had a clutch go bad?

I did not like the seating arrangement in the wolverine. Was hard to get in and out of and not quite the rear bed arrangement I was looking for, so I went Pioneer.

Time will tell if I made the right decision, but the wolverine was a no go period for me.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
knowing what I know now about the P1K I’d do with the wolverine if I could do it all over again. Sucks not being able to back up a trailer for fear of frying the clutches. Don’t have to worry about that stuff with a belt, especially on a Yamaha. Lots of people on here love to hate on belt drives but I’ve put them through all kinds of hell and never had a failure. As long as you know when to use low range you shouldn’t have any problems.
Have you done the update yet or did yours come with the updated clutches? If so, you shouldn’t have any fear in doing the work you speak of. I did all kinds of that type of work with mine before the update with no issues. After the update with the way they updated them, I can tell that I can do what I was doing before and then some without any fear.

J

JTW

You should sell it and buy one then

jwfirebird

jwfirebird

Sep 23, 2018
western ny
Ownership

1. 700-2
I had a rhino for a number of years, before I got the tractor that was my tractor. 27in megas, hauling a million loads of wood up from the swamp and pulling logs up to where I can cut them. maintaining our club trails 35 miles of stop and go with a 1000lb dr brush mower through ditches and mud. I put one belt on it because it was starting to look cracked. the real disconnection is done by a chain saw like clutch behind the primary, which goes but never put one of those on it either with a million hard miles. the only negative to that arrangement is the grease on the rollers needs to be changed once a year if you see a ton of mud or sand, but they have greaseless rollers that take care all the warming up issues and that. Honda has real terrible aftermarket support too compared to any Yamaha
really boils down to wolverine is a better trail machine better suspension better storage, aftermarket support for more speed and less maintenance. I went with the pioneer because I really don't care to go more than 45 and the bed is better, I just put fender bags on it for carrying food and going to get shocks for higher speeds

Last edited:
Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Where in Northwest AR. I live up in Bella Vista and purchased mine from Heartland in Springdale. Rainbow would not deal at the time and heartland did. I have friends who had the opposite experience as well but As @Landman states above Honda of Russellville as been known to give a good deal.

Where do your ride mostly? I ride Rush Springs, Mulberry/millcreek and Buckhorn.

D

dilligaff82

Jan 24, 2017
New Hampshire
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Have you done the update yet or did yours come with the updated clutches? If so, you shouldn’t have any fear in doing the work you speak of. I did all kinds of that type of work with mine before the update with no issues. After the update with the way they updated them, I can tell that I can do what I was doing before and then some without any fear.

I’ve had the update done and haven’t had any issues with it, but after reading all of horror stories of guys reversing up hills to turn around or with a load and smoking their clutches I just don’t take the chance. Granted, most, if not all of those stories were from before the update was released...

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I’ve had the update done and haven’t had any issues with it, but after reading all of horror stories of guys reversing up hills to turn around or with a load and smoking their clutches I just don’t take the chance. Granted, most, if not all of those stories were from before the update was released...
I would, but the trade in value on these things is pretty abysmal, and it hasn’t broken down on me yet.
I’m pretty sure the update is what was needed in the first place. I do believe this’ll fix it for most people in most situations. I’ve had problems with clutches and I believed in the new setup enough to get a new machine and have tracks now as well. They will be far harder on things then tires so we’ll see.
As far as the value they do hold up well around this area as a 5 seater

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!