Dgrinde

Dgrinde

Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
N Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Hello, I'm Dgrinde

The first time I saw the sxs 5 I felt like a kid in candy store. At 60 years old it felt great being 5 again. A quick test ride cinched the deal. Im coming from an 06 Rhino.

Fast forword, Its a blast going to town saving wear and tear on my Silverado.

After several hundred miles and memories, I have the Red SXS 3 in the shop for the clutch and heat fix.

That brings me to my wish list! A lower 1st gear in low and reverse. It's hard to creep in this macine while pushing a trailer backwards or navigating tough terrain. Hitting bumps with your foot off the floor can be dangerous from rapid uncontrollable throttle response. My dog Penny loves riding with me but has had a few hard landing into dash or on floor from the throttle response clutch slip. That said I like the Pioneer and am looking forward to the fixes. Im glad to be in the SXS forum and look forward to sharing ideas and getting advice from members. I hope Honda is listening and making this SXS platform the best it can be. Thanks. This Don from North Idaho. Thanks to CDA Honda Powersports and their great service department!

PS Penny is a Red Healer, best friend.

Here is a little info about me to begin with!
Honda SxS ownership : Yes
I have owned, or currently own the following: UTV, ATV, 3-wheeler, Motorcycle
My off-road experience level is: Trail Rider
My favorite place to ride is: Local logging roads and trails.

20171027 073226 03

Deluxe700

Deluxe700

Lifetime Member
Jul 2, 2017
Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
Welcome from Central Arkansas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: Dgrinde
advertisement
swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
You hit
Hello, I'm Dgrinde

The first time I saw the sxs 5 I felt like a kid in candy store. At 60 years old it felt great being 5 again. A quick test ride cinched the deal. Im coming from an 06 Rhino.

Fast forword, Its a blast going to town saving wear and tear on my Silverado.

After several hundred miles and memories, I have the Red SXS 3 in the shop for the clutch and heat fix.

That brings me to my wish list! A lower 1st gear in low and reverse. It's hard to creep in this macine while pushing a trailer backwards or navigating tough terrain. Hitting bumps with your foot off the floor can be dangerous from rapid uncontrollable throttle response. My dog Penny loves riding with me but has had a few hard landing into dash or on floor from the throttle response clutch slip. That said I like the Pioneer and am looking forward to the fixes. Im glad to be in the SXS forum and look forward to sharing ideas and getting advice from members. I hope Honda is listening and making this SXS platform the best it can be. Thanks. This Don from North Idaho. Thanks to CDA Honda Powersports and their great service department!

PS Penny is a Red Healer, best friend.

Here is a little info about me to begin with!
Honda SxS ownership : Yes
I have owned, or currently own the following: UTV, ATV, 3-wheeler, Motorcycle
My off-road experience level is: Trail Rider
My favorite place to ride is: Local logging roads and trails.

View attachment 57405
You hit the nail on the head with lower 1rst gear.
The 700 needs it too. In forward and reverse.
Welcome to the forum
I know what you mean about poor Penny,
My Blaze looks at me like WTH Dad.

Reactions: Dgrinde
Dgrinde

Dgrinde

Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
N Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I thought I saw someone who lifted their ride, it came with gear reduction. I sure would love it if you could slap in a new low gear or someting?

knuckledeep

knuckledeep

my trailer queen is trashy
Lifetime Member
Dec 16, 2015
Eustis florida
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Jeremy lee makes the gear reduction foe it you just need to have it installed. Gear reduction boss on facebook

Reactions: Eltobgi
GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome aboard from SE Missouri

J

Jimmy-AZ

Lifetime Member
May 9, 2017
Gold Canyon, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome from AZ

Sent from my SM-T818V using Tapatalk

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Welcome to the forum there is a lot of good information and people on here.

Dgrinde

Dgrinde

Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
N Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Jeremy lee makes the gear reduction foe it you just need to have it installed. Gear reduction boss on facebook
Any Idea on how many Pioneers 1000's have had this done? I would like to hear form those who have done IGR!

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Any Idea on how many Pioneers 1000's have had this done? I would like to hear form those who have done IGR!
@Kilo427 @snuffnwhisky both have igr and can maybe jump in. I have drove one and rode in the other it's pretty cool.
As mentioned above several people report the throttle max have helped a lot member @Delton made a super easy reasonable setup much like that.
The shifting gets much smoother especially after first oil change from there on. Also you do get use to it a little so I'd give it some time

Reactions: knuckledeep
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!