P500 12" or 14" rims? what is the best width for tires?

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Was wondering how tippy will 26 inch tires make the 500. Getting ready to get some new tires just can't decide on 25 or 26

If you think it's at all tipsy now it'll be much worse with 26's, especially BH's they run 26.5 actual. For another $100 get some spacers, without stability that extra height will do more harm than good. Or go all in and get some 5+2 offset wheels, either combination will turn that machine into a different animal. ;)

jon1872

jon1872

Aug 25, 2019
ky
Ownership

1. 500
If you think it's at all tipsy now it'll be much worse with 26's, especially BH's they run 26.5 actual. For another $100 get some spacers, without stability that extra height will do more harm than good. Or go all in and get some 5+2 offset wheels, either combination will turn that machine into a different
If you think it's at all tipsy now it'll be much worse with 26's, especially BH's they run 26.5 actual. For another $100 get some spacers, without stability that extra height will do more harm than good. Or go all in and get some 5+2 offset wheels, either combination will turn that machine into a different animal. ;)
I'm getting 5+2 offset wheels to put them on.

Rustneversleeps

Rustneversleeps

Oct 30, 2018
Talon,New Brunswick,Canada
Ownership

1. 500
Hey Trigg so if I was going with 5+2 offset would it do away with the 1.5 spacers.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Hey Trigg so if I was going with 5+2 offset would it do away with the 1.5 spacers.

Yes. I started with 26's on stock wheels and it was a puckerfest. Added 1" spacers on all 4 and it was fine. Then went to 5+2's and no spacers and seemed like I had more stability yet.

Rustneversleeps

Rustneversleeps

Oct 30, 2018
Talon,New Brunswick,Canada
Ownership

1. 500
26x11's on 5+2's on all 4, 1" spacers on the rear only. I'm at 56" front and back.
Wow just 1'' spacers in back and get 56'' all round now that sound like a plan..
I was going to go with stock wheels with 27'x10's all round with 1.5'' spacers figure it would give me 54'' wide all round,,Hmmmmm might have to re-think this frigging wheel ,tire and spacer combo..

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!