P1000 '16 Pioneer 1000-3 OE battery replacement

G

GGreen

May 18, 2018
Amherst, MA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Anyone have thoughts on a premium replacement for the OE battery on a Pioneer 1000? I assume the 'Honda' battery is a middling piece at 2x the cost. What would you recommend I replace it with that fits the OE space? Thanks!

Reactions: BWAF
Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I like odyssey batteries and have had great luck with them. @Tramguage1 has one he wasnt so impressed with. I've also had a cheap mighty max from Amazon for about a year that seems to be doing fine....

So theres some conflicting info Haha

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

CASTRATE

CASTRATE

Jun 23, 2019
NE OKLAHOMA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If X2 Power from batteries plus makes one that fits, that's what I'll be going with. Lots of winching seems to take a toll on batteries, but the x2 power in my truck has been going well for 5 years, with a lot of winching.

G

GGreen

May 18, 2018
Amherst, MA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Thanks for the opinions. I ended up going with the Yuasa OE battery, since that's what I could get today. And it only cost me a $30 premium (AFTER negotiation!) over the online price of $85.

Reactions: CASTRATE

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!