P1000 1st service on my new P1000-5D

RobertinNevada

RobertinNevada

Apr 16, 2017
Fallon
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Quick question for the group,
It will be time for my first service after this weekend, my dealership indicated that the first service would cost around 600 buck, are you kidding me! My question is I am very capable of changing the oil and filters, it looks like there is a valve adjustment involved on the service if I change the oil and have them check the valves will that screw up the warranty? Input please thank you

Jediwrathchild

Jediwrathchild

Apr 24, 2016
Kodiak, AK
Provided you utilize the factory filters and recommended oil, you're good. The manual shows the procedure if I'm not mistaken. Otherwise there is a great write up here if you search 'oil change'

Reactions: Jshell3
J

Jshell3

Basically, it's change the oil and filters... other fluids... Don't worry about the valves, unless you think you have a problem. I'm not sure about the gear oil in the front and rear differentials, if that's a change the first go around. (check manual - I didn't change mine.)

The BIGGEST thing to note is to do the first oil change at 20 hours. Don't even look at the mileage.

Hope that helps, some! I like that color, btw.

Reactions: RobertinNevada
sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Change all oil and oil filters. Needs to be done after 100 miles or 20 hours if you get 100 miles before 20 hours it needs to be done or if you get 20 hours before 100 miles then it needs to be done. You suppose to check valves and adjust if needed but I would wait longer on checking the valves.

SheepCreekAK

SheepCreekAK

Apr 20, 2016
Anchorage Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It will be time for my first service after this weekend, my dealership indicated that the first service would cost around 600 buck, are you kidding me! My question is I am very capable of changing the oil and filters, it looks like there is a valve adjustment involved on the service if I change the oil and have them check the valves will that screw up the warranty? Input please thank you
I asked the my dealer about the valves and he said not to worry about them and just change the oil. its pretty easy to change the oil and filters on them.

J

Jshell3

Provided you utilize the factory filters and recommended oil, you're good. The manual shows the procedure if I'm not mistaken. Otherwise there is a great write up here if you search 'oil change'
+1 on the oil change guide search.

There's a video too by @MAINEYAK

Reactions: MAINEYAK
J

Jshell3

P1000 - Honda Pioneer 1000 Oil Change Guide!

There ya go @RobertinNevada

R

rkwerner

Jun 15, 2017
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I see several recommendations for skipping the valve adjustment. My question is does that affect the warranty?

sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I see several recommendations for skipping the valve adjustment. My question is does that affect the warranty?
Yes if the valves would get to tight or lose and damage it. It would be on you. But the odds of that is very low.

Reactions: Windrock1000
pmward

pmward

Jul 28, 2016
Galena, Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Mine did not need adjusting, but I did the procedure anyhow. It was fun, easy and informative. Just do it. Peace of mind.

Reactions: Windrock1000
E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Just an oil and filter change here.

Running great as is.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!