2012 F350 6.7 Powerstroke thoughts?

03mossy

03mossy

Jun 20, 2018
MN
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. Other Brand
My current truck is about to turn 150,000 miles (‘13 F-150 3.5 eco boost) which is about the time all my other trucks have started nickel and dimming me to death. It’s been 100% trouble free so far.
Been planning to upgrade to an F-250 or 350 someday anyway. Found a clean 2012 with the 6.7 powerstroke with 60,000 miles. Any input on this year powerstroke? MPG? Good power? Does this year have all the DEF bulls***? Haven’t had a diesel since my ‘04 Duramaxx so not sure what year all that changed.

Thanks

• Love
Reactions: Remington
russknight

russknight

Lifetime Member
Apr 13, 2019
Perry Florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
Ford2

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
My current truck is about to turn 150,000 miles (‘13 F-150 3.5 eco boost) which is about the time all my other trucks have started nickel and dimming me to death. It’s been 100% trouble free so far.
Been planning to upgrade to an F-250 or 350 someday anyway. Found a clean 2012 with the 6.7 powerstroke with 60,000 miles. Any input on this year powerstroke? MPG? Good power? Does this year have all the DEF bulls***? Haven’t had a diesel since my ‘04 Duramaxx so not sure what year all that changed.

Thanks
Yes, thats the early/later DPF. First if the uria DPF witch is down stream, better than the prior 08-10 that added fuel to the motor to create heat to increase the EGT’s for the DPF. I have a 15’ 6.7 Platinum 350 i bought new pull a 5er with it abd plow with it and it now has 106k on it and no motor troubles what so ever. You can delete the DPF but its getting harder to do. I did on my 08’ but it changes alot if things thats hard on any truck in time. Ive used the platinim Def fluid to help
With ware and tear on the system and so far its helping. I regen less than my friends do so i use less Def. As for your 12’ thats the second year if the 6.7, my buddy has a 12’ with 125k on it with the DPF still and has has 0 issues. The 12’ has good power. The 15’ like mine has the injector and intake upgrade fir an extra 100hp and an exhaust brake. They Also get decent MPG, All diesels vary with what your doing. If ur buying a diesel and big truck like that mpg, your getting thw wrong truck imo lol. Hope this helps and doesn't confuse you.

Last edited:
L

LarryAmboy

May 14, 2017
Castalian Springs, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes, thats the early/later DPF. First if the uria DPF witch is down stream, better than the prior 08-10 that added fuel to the motor to create heat to increase the EGT’s for the DPF. I have a 15’ 6.7 Platinum 350 i bought new pull a 5er with it abd plow with it and it now has 106k on it and no motor troubles what so ever. You can delete the DPF but its getting harder to do. I did on my 08’ but it changes alot if things thats hard on any truck in time. Ive used the platinim Def fluid to help
With ware and tear on the system and so far its helping. I regen less than my friends do so i use less Def. As for your 12’ thats the second year if the 6.7, my buddy has a 12’ with 125k on it with the DPF still and has has 0 issues. The 12’ has good power. The 15’ like mine has the injector and intake upgrade fir an extra 100hp and an exhaust brake. They Also get decent MPG, All diesels vary with what your doing. If ur buying a diesel and big truck like that mpg, your getting thw wrong truck imo lol. Hope this helps and doesn't confuse you.

I’ve got a 2017 F350 SRW King Ranch that I bought in late’18, was a left over on the dealer lot. We now have 110k miles on it with zero issues. Better mileage than my wife’s F150 King ranch with the 3.5 ecoboost.

This is my 6th Ford diesel with different motors. 7th if you count the ‘76 conversion that I did with a small 4 cylinder Cat motor. All of the previous trucks went over 250k miles with few drivetrain problems, and even fewer chassis problems.

Currently contemplating the acquisition of an F450 King Ranch or Freightliner M2 Sportchassis.

Born and raised near the birthplace of GM and a Chevy fan for a long time until I owned my first Ford. The rest is history.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Love
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I’ve got a 2017 F350 SRW King Ranch that I bought in late’18, was a left over on the dealer lot. We now have 110k miles on it with zero issues. Better mileage than my wife’s F150 King ranch with the 3.5 ecoboost.

This is my 6th Ford diesel with different motors. 7th if you count the ‘76 conversion that I did with a small 4 cylinder Cat motor. All of the previous trucks went over 250k miles with few drivetrain problems, and even fewer chassis problems.

Currently contemplating the acquisition of an F450 King Ranch or Freightliner M2 Sportchassis.

Born and raised near the birthplace of GM and a Chevy fan for a long time until I owned my first Ford. The rest is history.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I kinda had the same. I had a 95’ PSDI HD250 that i put 250k on it and was great for for the time i had it. Minimal/normal stuff. Had an 03’ 6.0 till 103k miles. Was actually a good truck no issues. Just that i wanted a crew cab cuz i got 2 labs lol. That was a 08’ 6.4 6-1/2’ bed early DPF and had issues with the EPA DEF system. Deleted it and drove it till 153k. Didnt like what the delete did to change the Parameters of the trans plus i wanted my 8’bed back for my 5er. Thats when i got the 15’ platinum 350 and im keeping it for a while. Its been fantastic with 80k of the 106k pulling my 5er or my tandem.

I to was raised a GM guy. Born And raised near the Big 3 plants, development and proving grounds. Many relatives work at the plants. Went to school for auto mechanics specializing in diesel, hated Ford cuz of others saying bad things lol. I was offerd a Ford technical program to pay for my schooling, i accepted. Lets say I ate some humble pie for a bit, but Ive never looked back after being on the inside of the engineering during my time with that and at Roush.

03mossy

03mossy

Jun 20, 2018
MN
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. Other Brand
Well, I went to the dealer and looked at the truck. Was nothing like the description said. Not even the same color or correct pictures and was beaten to piss! The search continues but I'm in no hurry.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Well, I went to the dealer and looked at the truck. Was nothing like the description said. Not even the same color or correct pictures and was beaten to piss! The search continues but I'm in no hurry.
Dam Coceaters! I hate that.