P700 2014 700+4 Shifting Issue

P

philorr

Feb 28, 2021
Mexico
Ownership

1. 700-4
Dear Honda Tech,
I have '14 700+4 that has issues shifting up while underway. I can let off the gas and "trick it" to shift up. Going downhill seems to be better. In 4 wheel drive its worse especially in soft sand. 3rd gear is the worst gear that it has problems shifting into.

Oil Pressure is great both engine and transmission
Replaced TPS
Checked all other sensors

I am at a loss, help!

Thanks for even looking at this

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
any codes on dash?. if not try doing a reset take battery terms off for a few mins.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

P

philorr

Feb 28, 2021
Mexico
Ownership

1. 700-4
I will try that and look at grounding also

thanks

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
with good pressures only thing i could think would be power loss or its time for oil change. i try to do 1 a yr when i dont hit the mileage or hrs. kinda like how a vehicles has miles or months.

P

philorr

Feb 28, 2021
Mexico
Ownership

1. 700-4
with good pressures only thing i could think would be power loss or its time for oil change. i try to do 1 a yr when i dont hit the mileage or hrs. kinda like how a vehicles has miles or months.

New oil change with Honda oil. Pressure is good in engine and transmission. No power loss

Reactions: Backwoods
Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
I will do this today
im at a loss. if you have full power but its not wanting to shift and its not slipping then its kinda pointing towards either your transmission controller what ever tells it to shift. or the shift selenoids are sticking.

Reactions: Smitty335
P

philorr

Feb 28, 2021
Mexico
Ownership

1. 700-4
im at a loss. if you have full power but its not wanting to shift and its not slipping then its kinda pointing towards either your transmission controller what ever tells it to shift. or the shift selenoids are sticking.

Yes, that's my last fix. After rebooting the ECU it's better but not perfect. My mechanic thinks I might need the valve body also because of the needle pins aren't acceptable and could be stuck

Reactions: Alan_Vander

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!