Farmer

🚜🔨🚛🔧
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 22, 2014
Southern MO
Ownership

1. 700-2
Have an appointment to drop it off at the local Honda dealer to have the valves checked and see if that's the problem. If not, they're supposed to figure it out and fix it

The symptoms aren't the same so let's hope it's not another low mileage cam eater like mine and many others. Maybe bad spark that needs some gas to jump the arc? Another issue these had was a brittle plug cap. Basically, if you pulled it they broke the little part inside. I'd think it'd be more of an erratic or rough idle though.

tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just a thought but maybe a bad battery or low voltage for some reason. I was plowing with mine the other day and went to back up and it kept dying. I had my radio and lights on, lifting short plow runs with the winch and the cooling fan was running. If I took my foot of the throttle, it would die. When the fan turned off everything was back to normal. I just dont think the charging system could keep up. I finished up and gave it a good charge and it hasn't happened again.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Farmer
swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
2014's were known for exhaust baffle failure.I don't know if it would cause your issues.

Reactions: Mudwing
Farmer

Farmer

🚜🔨🚛🔧
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 22, 2014
Southern MO
Ownership

1. 700-2
2014's were known for exhaust baffle failure.I don't know if it would cause your issues.

I wondered about that also, but in my experience plugged exhaust usually idles and runs fine. Higher rpm's is where it tends to show up.

Reactions: swsebek
Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
thinking its the valves. yhe first adjustment i i believe is at 100 miles. if the previous owner didnt get that done. and if they werent correctly adjusted could cause this. only other thing i can think would be the iac which apparently youv ruled out or the ecu. or injector. does it smell rich when you ride . it would do fine after crank up or did it seem like it was gradually losing power. kinda hard to tell being only 100 miles put on it in your possession
but if it all of sudden went where it wouldnt idle id say its definitely computer problems. since i believe the 14s dont have o2 sensors. in exhaust

Reactions: Mudwing

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!