• Welcome to HONDASXS.com

If you are a guest please take time to REGISTER with us. Stay up to date on the Honda Side by Side line and take part in our online forum. Check out the FAQ. Once you register you can start to make post. Users will respond to your question or statement. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit below or click the board index to see a list of all forums. Thanks and have fun.

2014 Honda Pioneer Fuel Capacity and Gas Mileage

Discussion in 'General Pioneer 700 Discussion' started by Redrider, Jul 13, 2013.

1. Redrider

Redrider New Member

Have you seen the fuel capacity for the Pioneer. Its listed at 8.2 gal. Honda increased it .3 gal vs the Big Red. However they moved the reserve point down a bit.

I wonder what the actual mileage will be. Find out soon enough I guess.

2. Jaykup20

Jaykup20 New Member

Anyone have an answer to this yet?

3. Jerry3

Jerry3 New Member
    Lifetime Member

well, I have 100 miles and 16 hrs on mine, filled up once took about 7 gallons dont remember the milage of first fillup, and now its on 3 bars of fuel. Hope that gives you some sort of an idea.

4. ohanacreek

ohanacreek I need a couple more days off....
    Staff Member Moderator Lifetime Member

Ownership:
    1000-5
    I'm getting about 13mpg /1.6 hrs/gal the first bar had just started blinking and I put 5.9 gals in. But I've been riding <15mph (never really sees 3rd gear) and pulling trailers, logs working with it. Not sure what trail miles would be.

5. Jaykup20

Jaykup20 New Member

Well yes both answers help, I envision long 4-5 day trips and was hoping to hear that I could get 100 miles on a tank which is what you both roughly said.

Attached Files:

6. bigc

bigc Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator Lifetime Member Supporting Member

i would say 100 miles to the tank is close i have 248 miles on mine and have used 2 tanks and a half my kids drive it around the farm for hours and hours

7. DG Rider

DG Rider Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Member

Ownership:
    Hmmm...i was hoping for a bit more range.

8. Manly bug

Manly bug New Member

I recommend carrying Rotopax 4 gallons, they fit behind the back seats even when in 4 seater configuration. I've been using them for years as a backup and 2 will double your Pioneer's range.

http://rotopax.com

9. Jaykup20

Jaykup20 New Member

Manly, those are interesting cans..... I'm planning on hauling gear for 3-4 days also..... I will be buying a bed extender do you think I will have room for those cans?......I really doubt I will have much trouble with 100 mile range most trails here in Maine cross the pavement a few times and gas stations are never THAT far away.

10. DG Rider

DG Rider Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Member

Ownership:
    Actually, i have a Koplin 4 gallon fuelpack.I just hoped that i wouldn't need it on most rides.

Honestly, i tend to get better milage than most, so i'll wait and see before i pass judgement.

11. Mandride

Mandride New Member

I road in the mountains this weekend for 50 miles and I used 2/5th of a tank according to the fuel gage. fuel mileage will be dependent on your riding style and the terrain..

12. Hondasxs

Hondasxs Club Founder
    Staff Member Moderator Lifetime Member Supporting Member Club Contributor

Ownership:
    1000-5
    Mandride, that's fairly good millage. Thanks for reporting.
    I was hoping for 100 or more miles on a decent trail ride.

13. Manly bug

Manly bug New Member

2 family outings so far. 15.4 hours and 25.6 miles, still 3/5 tank left. I let it idle for awhile to warm up too. Looks like 100 miles on a tank is probably about right.

14. Mandride

Mandride New Member

I am thinking if it is just longs trail ride and not lots of stopping starting with excessive hill climbs you would potentially get up to 130 or little more.

If you are hard playing the whole time in steep hills and creeks and mud then I would wager on about 75 to 85 miles for a tank. I played on some pretty good hills and creeks.