2015 700-4 Overheating

J

john

Lifetime Member
May 6, 2015
New york
I have a question I have a new 2015 700-4. I just took it out and was riding for about 40 minutes and the light came on the gauge that it was running hot. It's 60 degrees out and I wasn't pushing it at all. Any suggestions to what it might be?

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I would check coolant levels first, if they are good make sure the radiator cap is tight(be careful it can get really hot). A cooling system requires a closed system to be able to cool and move coolant. If the cap is loose or less likely, bad, the cooling system isn't going to function correctly.

lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
For the time you have had it this seems strange.
Like Ohanacreek said, check the basic systems.
Or it could be there is a piece of cardboard or something left by the radiator.
Any wet / mud riding?
Make sure you don’t have mud in the radiator.
Check the radiator core (flash light on the back side so you can see threw the fins) also make sure there isn’t mud in the corners of the fan shroud.
It has scalloped cut outs on the back side around the fan to make hosing out the shroud easier.
Also there are drains along the bottom, make sure they are open 1st or you will never get the bottom corners cleaned out.
Don’t pressure wash the radiator (according to the manual) or at least make sure you back off and hit the fins straight on.
I figured this out years ago with my ATV.

Last edited:
Reactions: ohanacreek
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
For the time you have had it this seems strange.
Like Ohanacreek said, check the basic systems.
Or it could be there is a piece of cardboard or something left in there.

Any wet / mud riding?
Make sure you don’t have mud in the radiator.
Check the radiator core (flash light on the back side so you can see threw the fins) also make sure there isn’t mud in the corners of the fan shroud.
It has scalloped cut outs on the back side around the fan to make hosing out the shroud easier.
Also there are drains along the bottom, make sure they are open 1st or you will never get the bottom corners cleaned out.
Don’t pressure wash the radiator (according to the manual) or at least make sure you back off and hit the fins straight on.
I figured this out years ago with my ATV.

Muddy water ....BAD!

Heater saved me at WindRock was able to keep it cool by running it like a second radiator. Took a while to get it cleaned out just splashing water through the grill. And all it was, was leaves and silt that was in the water.

J

john

Lifetime Member
May 6, 2015
New york
Thanks guys, I will check it out today. Didn't do any type of mudding. Just plain old trail rock and and gravel riding. But I will define try look today anyway. Thanks

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!