P500 2015 P500 MPG Data Point #3

bigbore

bigbore

Jan 5, 2016
I went on a great ride on Saturday.

I rode for over 4 hours, total distance was just over 40 miles, plunging 10 miles into the Big Cypress as the crow flies. I was in 2nd gear for 55% of the time, 3rd for 35% of the time and 4th for the remainder. I rode in two wheel drive 95% of the time switching into 4 wheel drive for maybe two miles. I was cleaning up tonight and saw that I was down to two fuel icons, having used three(2 1/2 gallons?).

Compared to two other rides from which I also noted consumption, the difference was significant. Both of the other rides were on high, dry, hard-packed trails covering about 30 miles each time. The fuel consumption on both of the other rides was one fuel icon. This ride was on trails that were pretty challenging.

I realize that I don't quantify much, I just want to mention that it is probably close to impossible to estimate fuel consumption based on mileage alone; but you already knew that.:cool:

Video(s) to follow...

Last edited:
rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500

I rode for over 4 hours, total distance was just over 40 miles, plunging 10 miles into the Big Cypress as the crow flies. I was in 2nd gear for 55% of the time, 3rd for 35% of the time and 4th for the remainder. I rode in two wheel drive 95% of the time switching into 4 wheel drive for maybe two miles. I was cleaning up tonight and saw that I was down to two fuel icons, having used three(2 1/2 gallons?).

Compared to two other rides from which I also noted consumption, the difference was significant. Both of the other rides were on high, dry, hard-packed trails covering about 30 miles each time. The fuel consumption on both of the other rides was one fuel icon. This ride was on trails that were pretty challenging.

I realize that I don't quantify much, I just want to mention that it is probably close to impossible to estimate fuel consumption based on mileage alone; but you already knew that.:cool:

Video(s) to follow...
Each bar...for me..avg 25 miles...
approximately 100 miles..per tank
...3 yrs in..I stick to those findings
...riding varies...desert/ rock/sand/Hard pack
I trail ride...avg speed...22mph

Reactions: Shadesmn
L

LarryAmboy

May 14, 2017
Castalian Springs, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Video(s) to follow...

Next time you go to Big Cypress if you want some company let me know. I'm near Tampa and would love to see it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigbore

bigbore

Jan 5, 2016
Next time you go to Big Cypress if you want some company let me know. I'm near Tampa and would love to see it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You have to get an Operators license(45 minute Powerpoint & quick test), vehicle inspection and permit/sticker before you can ride out there(About $100). You can see my sticker in my videos on the left/drivers side front fender. Let me know if you have those and we'll set something up for sure. They are about to shut the trails for about 4 months, I'll call tomorrow to see exactly when they shut them.

Last edited:
L

LarryAmboy

May 14, 2017
Castalian Springs, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You have to get an Operators license(45 minute Powerpoint & quick test), vehicle inspection and permit/sticker before you can ride out there(About $100). You can see my sticker in my videos on the left/drivers side front fender. Let me know if you have those and we'll set something up for sure. They are about to shut the trails for about 4 months, I'll call tomorrow to see exactly when they shut them.

I'll check on it this weekend

bigbore

bigbore

Jan 5, 2016
I have several videos on my channel covering Big Cypress with sat. maps & trail maps:

Reactions: Johnsee

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!