Farmer

🚜🔨🚛🔧
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 22, 2014
Southern MO
Ownership

1. 700-2
Bought a used (2014) pioneer, will be replacing camshaft, after reading it is a somewhat common(?) ailment. Have owned and ridden motorcycles all my life, many Honda’s, including generators, 4x4’s etc., I have a theory on camshaft failures. Mine has only like 375 miles on. It is started and run only a few minutes to fetch mail, haul garbage cans etc., so the normal cold-metal condensation never gets cooked-off. I’ve seen this on my motorcycles with sight-glasses, it’s any engine that’s cold. Most are run or operated until “operating temperature” so it’s never apparent. So after cam replace and whatever else I see/find, it’s going to be to wife and grandkids, if you start it, run it until it’s hot. Have used synthetic oil in all I own for 35 years, but you mix enough water with it, cannot properly protect. Especially “sliding” wear like cam vs roller bearings or babbits. Just a thought.

Yep...that's kinda the trend and what they told me. Short runs around the farm. Many including my local dealer who wouldn't do the job at the time, finally came out and said the early batch of cams had incorrect heat tempering etc. Never saw any signs of milk etc. It just gave up one day.

• Sad
Reactions: Smitty335

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!