BOX1

2015 pioneer 700

O

orvalfields

May 1, 2015
Hey guys giving you a heads up. Apparently On my new sxs i just bought has an issue. If you are feathering the gas it dies more likly to happen to you on a hill. Honda has not came out with a fix. If you are having the same problem dont worry they are coming off the assembly line like that. They know the issue but still have not came out with a fix. It has been in the honda dealer for 2 months and still no answer from honda. So if i were you before your warranty is up or couldnt get it to do it for the dealer tell them to fill free to call dreyer honda in indianapolis indiana and they have seen my bike as well as all the others fell.

bobbyhill

bobbyhill

Pay to Play and I'm broke all around!
Junior Moderator
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Apr 8, 2015
Smithfield, VA
Ownership

1. 700-4
Just the 2015? I feel like the 2014 does this as well.

bobbyhill

bobbyhill

Junior Moderator
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Apr 8, 2015
Smithfield, VA
Ownership

1. 700-4
And Welcome to the Club @orvalfields !!!

O

orvalfields

May 1, 2015
I personally dont know about the 2014 but ive been going through the process with the 2015. I took it back to the dealer they were going to switch me out so i test drove the two they had and both done it. So they new they had a problem. As long as you can mock the problem to the dealer they should be able to do something. All i fid was put it on a incline like im going up a hill hold the brake and feather the gas and it should die everytime. I climb a lot of rocky stuff so i feather the gas a lot and it is like holding the brake and feathering it. I would try to get it to die and get it down take it to the dealer and have them call tech support in California and ask for case manager cody his ext number is 15289. That is who is taking care on my case.

Last edited:
Reactions: bobbyhill
scott

scott

Lifetime Member
May 16, 2014
lyman, South Carolina
This problem was brought up a lot when the 700 came out. The 2014 do it also. Mine has done it a few times. I think we all realized there wasn't anything to be done to fix it and just moved on. As mine has gotten broke in ,,,it hasn't done it in a long time.

O

orvalfields

May 1, 2015
Well honda is in the process in reimbursement of my money they said hopefully the engineers will have a fix before someone gets hurt going up a hill. That is why i gave you guys the case managers number so this can be fixed. Just dont want someones kid or wife to try to do some hill and die on them and they try to go backwards and roll it.

bobbyhill

bobbyhill

Junior Moderator
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Apr 8, 2015
Smithfield, VA
Ownership

1. 700-4
:DI guess that is one option I could do. do you think they will let me trade if for a P1000?

jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
Turn your idle screw up a bit hondas run crazy lean from the factory to pass emissions everywhere until you mod it and up the fuel/tune it alot of honda utilities do it including atvs when u feather it and let off the gas the ecu cuts the fuel for idle so u get a fast rich then fast lean it stalls the motor on alot of models just turnint the idle screw 1/4 to 1/2 turn helps

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
just turnint the idle screw 1/4 to 1/2 turn helps
@jak9922 ... Not on these units.
There's no idle adjustment for FI units. Closest you can get is to adjust the throttle peddle stop and freeplay.

jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
Thats what i was talking about lol its still your idle adjust not idle air screw raise the idle some its a know problem with hondas running lean and blipping gas stalling

jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
Have a bit of faith ina home boy lol i have 0 experience with the p700 but i am a seasoned honda vet

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
No problem man. We all have lots to still learn.

I can reproduce this issue on my 700. But the method used refered to as "fluttering" is not considered close to normal operation. Your explanation is most likely why it cuts off.

Also, if you allow the unit to roll backwards at a fast pace while in drive, it will cut off also. For example roll up a large hill and allow gravity to pull you backwards it will cancel out the torque converter and stall.

jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
Hondasxs does the 700 have a white paint mark on the idle screw i havent checked my 500 if it does it means its set to a mark to meet epa emissions and technicaly not suppose to be tampered with lol hahaha yeah right also do you know if its an open loop efi

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
No. There is no "screw" it's controlled by the computer via a IACV "Idle air control valve".
Your 500 "should" be the same way. But not 100% sure.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just checked. Its the same. Part #11 controls the idle. If it ever idles very high or way low this is the issue most likely dirty.
HL54E2300

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!